Polar FT40 Help

Options
Hello Everyone

For all of you out there with a Polar HRM, Can you please let me know a little more about it. Im looking online into buying one and some seem to have the strap for around your chest and others dont. Will it work without the strap (just the watch) or will I end up having to purchase the strap as well?

Thanks x

Replies

• TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone

For all of you out there with a Polar HRM, Can you please let me know a little more about it. Im looking online into buying one and some seem to have the strap for around your chest and others dont. Will it work without the strap (just the watch) or will I end up having to purchase the strap as well?

Thanks x

For the FT4, you need the strap. I was worried about how comfortable it would be, but I barely feel it. I've heard the HRM without the chest strap isn't very accurate.
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    FT40 has to have the strap and they come together - you don't have to purchase it separately. The watch will not work on its own.

The "strap" version of the HRM usually is a bit more accurate than a watch on its own. Usually.
  • RDH0513
    RDH0513 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I have the FT4 and I absolutely love it! It does require a chest strap, but I seriously never even notice it unless I wear a fitted workout top, but even then it's not that noticeable. I haven't had any problems with mine, and can't believe I have worked out so long without it!
  • MelsDiet
    MelsDiet Posts: 69
    Options
    Thank You Everyone :flowerforyou:

What would I do without you all!!

Im off to buy a HRM.....

:smile:
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    You really don't want a HRM without a strap, not very accurate. FT7 is brilliant :)
  • MelsDiet
    Options
    Whoo Hoo, Ive bought it and it'll soon be on its way from USA (Im in UK).

Ive got a FT40 coming with everything it should have.

Thanks ever so much everyone :smile:
  • MelsDiet
    Options
    Ps. Im very excited! I went running tonight and all the time I was out all I could think about was getting a HRM! :happy:
  • RDH0513
    RDH0513 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Ps. Im very excited! I went running tonight and all the time I was out all I could think about was getting a HRM! :happy:

that is how I am! I always think now that I will never be able to workout the same without my HRM! I think it makes me work out harder haha!
  • dmswarts
    dmswarts Posts: 28
    Options
    i just bought an HRM yesterday off of Ebay and Im totally stoked!!! CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!
  • MelsDiet
    Options
    i just bought an HRM yesterday off of Ebay and Im totally stoked!!! CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!

That's where I got mine from, I was trying to bid on one yesterday but it came up when I was out on a Hen-Do and I couldn't get signal on my phone so I missed out. So glad I found the one tonight, Can't wait till its here :smile:
  • NoWeighJose74
    NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Recently got an FT7 myself, and I"m loving it so far. =)