What's your favorite workout dvd/video? and why?

Options
tell me your fave and what you love about it.....Looking for some new ones for variety and inspiration.....
Thanks!
:smile:

Replies

• CherrySunday
    CherrySunday Posts: 301
    Options
    Joel Harper's Slim and Fit is my new fave. On the DVD he has two 10 minute total body work outs and then 3 mini 5 minute workouts. He does exercises that really focus in on all the parts of your body. It's not going to get your heart rate up, but for building strength, muscle, and flexibility it can't be beat!! I've seen results in just this last week I've been doing the routines: the guy's a genius!
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    30 day shred!
    I only ever completed half of it but the results were awesome. I have seen some amazing before anf afters for it on here.
    The only thing about it is it doesn't get the scale results people want,where it really delivers is inches lost!
    Its only 20 mins a day .
  • sayambular
    sayambular Posts: 205
    Options
    One of my all time faves is Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred because it kicks your butt and really works you out. But another great one that's just plain fun is the *****cat Dolls Workout DVD...it's just plain fun and gets your body moving!
  • RDH0513
    RDH0513 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Definitely Jillian Michaels- pretty much all of them. I love ripped in 30 and no more trouble zones the best. Awesome workouts for losing!
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    INSANITY!!! It pushes you to extremes....and each day makes you feel like you have accomplished something. You are sweating right at the warm up and you can feel the calories being burned. All other exercises I've done before have bored me....this is my seond time around and I still feel challenged.
  • indyrunning
    indyrunning Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I love the 30 Day Shred. It really kicks it up a notch for inches lost.
  • ag23c
    ag23c Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I really like Jackie Warner's Power Circuit Training DVD.
  • Melinda1987
    Melinda1987 Posts: 130
    Options
    Back in the day I used to LOVE Richard Simmons "Dancing to the oldies" - because they were FUN and even more importantly - the people in them were not scrawny-assed size 0 people that made me roll my eyes and think "Well of course THEY can do it! A fat chick like me doesn't have a chance!" When I see big people doing the workout I feel like I can too. Of course its many years since I've had those old VCR tapes. More recently I've used Leslie Sansone's "Walk at home" dvd. I've never gotten past the first mile, but I know that I CAN because I've been walking outside or at Wal-Mart. I find that when I walk in public I'm more likely to do it. Walking at home hasn't worked real well for me yet. Eventually, when I'm more in the Exercise swing of things, I'm sure it will be beneficial when it's rainy or cold out and I don't even want to drive myself to Wal-Mart.

~Melinda
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options

I know I know, not what you're looking for but when I'm watching Jack Bauer save the world in real time - those 45 minutes of strength training and cardio on the elliptical just fly by!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    My favorite are the p90x videos. I like them cause they work really well. I have had great.results.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Rocky 2.
  • hedleyrocks247
    hedleyrocks247 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Turbo Jam and Tae Bo - Turbo just a little more though!! Amazing calorie burn, amazing ab work out and the time just flies by - it's over before I know it and I'm sweating BUCKETS!!!!!
  • RDH0513
    RDH0513 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Rocky 2.

i like this :)
  • Barbie2shoes
    Options
    Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30....such a great workout. Works muscles you didn't think you had and is so satisfying when complete.
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I like Turbo Jam-got those out and dusted 'em off....gonna add those to change things up a bit. I think I will look for some Jillian Michaels too, but I'm scared! :ohwell:

And 24 is a GREAT suggestion-I will add that to my list too. Love Jack Bauer! :love:
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    6 week 6 pack. It's a killer, but I can actually SEE my ab muscles again, even with the layer of fat over them.