why are there so many listings?

Options
mom23nuts
mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
identical foods listed numerous time and most of them are either incomplete or just plain wrong. I have had to go to restaurant websites to find the real info and put it in.

Do all of you take the time to make sure all the info is correct or do you have a sliding scale/curve to float some meals on...I am finding all of these extra steps a bit time consuming but somewhat necessary if I want accurate info.

How do you delete the wrong ones once you fixed one and want to eliminate the confusion of the other ones?

Replies

• erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    That IS a good question!
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I think they are working on cleaning up database. There is a lot of duplicates and some I found wrong. I sometimes check the database first then find one that seems right or has been confirmed.
  • sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    If you need to delete them there will be a little red circle with a white horizontal line inside of it, beside each meal in your food diary. You just have to click on that and it will be deleted. If you are using an app, you just swipe your finger to the left, right beside the meal and an option to "Delete" should appear.

As for WHY there are so many duplicates, that is a great question. My guess is that some people are buying from different places, adding in the information on their product, and then it is listed as the same thing in the database because it is by the same Brand Name or something similar. I do double check mine before posting. You can also save your items to "My Meals" if you are often eating the same things. For example, a specific bun with a specific burger, lettuce, tomato and cheese could be a meal if you use the same brands and amounts each time you cook it. I find that easier than having to add in 4-5 different items each time I eat the same things. (You may have more variety; I don't eat meat so I eat a lot of the same soy products).

Hopefully everyone is checking their nutritional information when they enter it. Thanks for posting! :)
  • tweez8976
    tweez8976 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I try to confirm which listing is correct before using. If I am unable to confirm, I will err on the side of caution and go with the listing with the highest calories.
  • mom23nuts
    Options
    I try to confirm which listing is correct before using. If I am unable to confirm, I will err on the side of caution and go with the listing with the highest calories.

I was going to do that and then found that the sodium was more than doubled in the one that was not accurate so I went to the restaurant website.
  • lelliebugh
    lelliebugh Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I use my phone if the item is something I use at home. My phone has a barcode scanner on the app and it only gives me the nutritional info for that specific item. I make sure those match and I am done. As for out to eat and other things, I chose the one with the highest calorie so if I am wrong I have a little bit of a scale on which I can play with.
  • mom23nuts
    Options
    If you need to delete them there will be a little red circle with a white horizontal line inside of it, beside each meal in your food diary. You just have to click on that and it will be deleted. If you are using an app, you just swipe your finger to the left, right beside the meal and an option to "Delete" should appear.
    Hopefully everyone is checking their nutritional information when they enter it. Thanks for posting! :)

I know how to delete it from my personal log but not the incorrect listings from the log everyone uses and draws nutritional info from. It seems to be clogged with tons of duplicates that may be wrong or half complete with missing info.

Thanks though I think I will try to make sure I use confirmed info if there are 3 or 4 listings that are the same
  • eliza7119
    eliza7119 Posts: 15
    Options
    i never even thought about it!!!!!!!! i trusted it was correct!!!!!!!!!!!!thanks for the post i will be much more careful
  • RunningAddict
    RunningAddict Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I nvr really thought about it either, I just assumed that the calculations were correct. The things that I did double check were correct.
  • sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    Options

I know how to delete it from my personal log but not the incorrect listings from the log everyone uses and draws nutritional info from. It seems to be clogged with tons of duplicates that may be wrong or half complete with missing info.

Thanks though I think I will try to make sure I use confirmed info if there are 3 or 4 listings that are the same

Oh, sorry I misunderstood... I'm not sure there is a way to delete them from the database unfortunately!
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I try to find the one that's right or scan it in with the barcode reader on my phone.

the dups may be because 1 person enters a food with title A and another person can't find that product and enters it with title B.
  • mom23nuts
    Options
    I try to find the one that's right or scan it in with the barcode reader on my phone.

the dups may be because 1 person enters a food with title A and another person can't find that product and enters it with title B.

Man I have to get one of those phones....you'd think though that if there is already one master correct item lets say for the meal I went out for...Friendlies 1/2 turkey melt and side salad it would be in there 1 time correctly and then if you added dressing the meal would be listed with dressings or dressings would be listed separately.

Instead it is listed 3 times and non of them were correct