Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

2000 Meter Row Times

Hi guys, never posted before so thought I'd share this with you all.

I joined the gym on May the 11th of this year. That day I did 2000 meters on a rowing machine and did it in approx 9 minutes. The same day my brother in law Alex joined and we are VERY competative with each other and he did the row in about 8:50. Over the next few weeks Alex was able to get his time down and down to the point where a month later he posted a 8:02 while mine would not go below 8:39.

Long story short, I worked on my posture and my technique and started getting it down, even it was only half a second at a time. On June the 2nd 2015 I did a 8:02.4, just 4 tenths behind Alex! 8 days later I shocked myself and did a 7:52!

Today I've set a 7:47.9, as you can imagine Im absolutely stoked with myself. So am curious, what sort of times can you guys do?

Replies

• robinrows
    robinrows Posts: 57 Member
    If you want to compare your times to others make sure you check out the concept 2 website (if you haven't already) - allows you to submit your times and has rankings for different age categories. Also make sure you make sure you're rowing technique is good - you can make some big gains if it isn't. I managed a 7:16 last year but this only got me just into the top 600 in my age category, 40-49 :(
  • spazofthedead
    spazofthedead Posts: 175 Member
    edited July 2015
    When I was rowing at a D1 school I was pulling 7-something 2ks pretty regularly. Now, probably closer to 9 or 10 minutes as I haven't even looked at an erg in about two years.