Super FILLING snack, what's your favorite?

Options
Looking for super filling snacks, low in calories is a plus. :)
Thank you!

Replies

• RDH0513
    RDH0513 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    plain oats! They taste totally gross- but I never feel like eating anything else after eating them. Maybe it is the gross taste left in my mouth haha but it usually works for me! Apples usually work for me too
  • ashleynicoleh04
    ashleynicoleh04 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    hummus and veggies!
  • amazingmae
    amazingmae Posts: 5
    Options
    I love a good old peanut butter sandwich with low-fat Jiff peanut butter and whole wheat bread.
  • miss_ally08
    miss_ally08 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    plain oats! They taste totally gross- but I never feel like eating anything else after eating them. Maybe it is the gross taste left in my mouth haha but it usually works for me! Apples usually work for me too

eww @ plain oats, however i can agree that you probably don't feel like eating after! hahaha. good tip! ;) i will have to try that, someday! lol
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the 100 calorie kettle corn popcorn.
  • farmgirl88
    farmgirl88 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with cherry tomatoes :)
  • miss_ally08
    miss_ally08 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    it depends on my cravings, but i really like the ritz multigrain crackerfuls. its super yummy and about 130 cals for a "cracker sandwich". oh yeah & it comes in diff flavors AND 5g of fiber. i also like the fiber one bars :)
  • RDH0513
    RDH0513 Posts: 245 Member
    Options

eww @ plain oats, however i can agree that you probably don't feel like eating after! hahaha. good tip! ;) i will have to try that, someday! lol

I know!!! I usually make it more on the watery side and literally drink it while holding my nose haha! but hey it fights off the munchies!
  • gimedatnow
    gimedatnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt! :) Suuuper filling and a lot of protein without many calories. Go for the unsweetend 0% Fage Greek yogurt and add your own berries (but be careful of too much sugary carb-laden granola!)

Or now that's it's summer, try freezing some lowfat yogurt (tastes like ice cream!) or freeze fruit like grapes or any kind of berry. Sugar-free fudgesicles or frozen ice pops are good too.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Bowl of cottage cheese and fruit.

Oatmeal w/ peanut butter and a little sugar + a 1-scoop shake

3-5 oz of chicken and a sweet potato
  • Danlol
    Danlol Posts: 32
    Options
    I love a good old peanut butter sandwich with low-fat Jiff peanut butter and whole wheat bread.

Add a sliced up banana and its unbeatable!!! had it for breakfast lol.
  • gimedatnow
    gimedatnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options

I know!!! I usually make it more on the watery side and literally drink it while holding my nose haha! but hey it fights off the munchies!

Hahaha, I've actually developed a love for unsweetened watery oatmeal (with a bit of cinnamon)... It sounds kind of gross, but it totally gets rid of the munchies and I've really grown to like it :tongue:
  • eyespy32
    eyespy32 Posts: 4
    Options
    fruit smoothies!!!

Here is my fav recipe

1/2 cup - orange juice or lemonade
    1/2 (3 ounce) carton - fat free strawberry yogurt
    1/2 pint - fresh strawberries, quartered
    1 medium banana - peeled and sliced

place all ingredients in blender and process until smooth. Serve as is or over crushed ice.

This smoothie tastes amazing, and the best part is that I am not hungry for several hours! SO FILLING :)
  • mamato4kids
    mamato4kids Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Rice cake with almond butter.
    Make some oats add a little cinnamon and a chopped apple....tastes like apple pie!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    a couple tablespoons of coconut cream concentrate is very filling to me. I also made a super yummy snack the other day of cacao butter, coconut cream concentrate, shredded unsweetened coconut, and butter, all melted together. Scrumptious!
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    big handful of baby carrots--35 calorie, natural and filling.

1/2 an apple + 2tbls of peanut butter. Filling (I have it for breakfast all the time)--230calories but very healthy, filling, and i tend to have extra calories anyway.

Popcorn--100calorie bag is alright, but I prefer using my air popper--i use it near everyday---1/4 cup of kernels makes a huge bowl and only 120calories (instead of 100calories for a tiny bag)... You can add i cant believe its not butter spray for 0 calories and only 15mg of sodium for 5sprays..however i really enjoy my bremel and brown natural yogurt butter at 45calories a tablespoon and i use 2tbls (so the huge bowl of popcorn + butter = 210 or i could use 2tbls of kernals and 1tbls of butter for a small bowl and it only be 105 calories, with half the sodium than the 100calorie bags for only 5 calories more & still more popcorn.

Banana--100calories

Almonds--160calories a 1/4cup.

celery--5 calories..

apple slices--- 1/2apple is 40calories.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Carrots - not overly filling but you can eat 4 medium sized ones for 100 calories. That is a fair amount of food. Mass vitamin A :P

low fat cottage cheese with either:
    choc whey
    tuna, lemon juice, pepper.

Both of these are protein bombs! :)

1/3 cup oats with drinking chocolate and choc whey.
  • LonelyPilgrim
    LonelyPilgrim Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    WATER!

:) ok, j/k kinda, but I find that If I'm hungry and I drink a pint of water instead it really helps me feel full faster when I DO eat.

then I eat a chunk of sharp cheddar cheese (3/4 oz =75 cal) and a granny smith apple.
  • Tyra1976
    Tyra1976 Posts: 21
    Options
    Greek Yogurt! Love it!
    Cottage Cheese in another filling snack.
  • seansquared
    seansquared Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    If you want filling, you can't go wrong with some nice, fibrous vegetables like broccoli or spinach.