Weight loss with WII Fit

Options
Anybody use the WII Fit to exercise and lose weight successively?

Replies

• GalaxyDuck
    GalaxyDuck Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Hello! I started MFP at the end of February of this year. I've been tracking my calories daily and generally stay pretty close to my limits. The only real exercise I've been doing has been walking to work instead of taking the bus, taking the stairs up the four floors to my apartment instead of the elevator, and doing about 45 minutes of Wii Fit Plus 4-5 times a week. I have lost 20 lbs doing just this!

Wii Fit Plus has been great for me. If you really stick with it and try hard to do everything correctly, you will lose weight. My routine in Wii Fit usually goes 5-10 minutes of Aerobics (I usually start with Basic Step,Short/Long run and Hula Hoop), followed by a mix of Yoga and Strength Training (I only do Strength training every other day) and finished with an Island run, Super Hula Hoop or Expert Boxing.

For me it's a fun way to get in some exercising and it seems to be helping me stay on track so I won't complain! Once you surpass the first goal you set for yourself on it, you'll feel pretty awesome!
  • kiwi1855
    kiwi1855 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hiya!

I started in mid January, and as I work nights, nothing else is "convenient", so I've been using the Wii exclusively, a combination of Wii Fit (for "rest" days) and the EA Sports Active 2 for the Wii for my "workout" days. I have been fairly successful! On Wii Fit, all I usually use is the free step, set it to 30 min, and to the highest beat it will allow, then put the TV on and go. It's useful, you just have to find a routine and plan that works for you!
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    When I started dieting 2 years ago to get where I am today. I did Wii Active and Wii Fit - I only have versions 1 of both, so no Plus or HRM on the active - and it got me into a mode of weight loss, 6 months later I took up Kettlebell - and then running. It really helped me get into a routine to get active. I'm not sure long term it would have been what I needed - but it's SUPER for winter indoor exercising and I sitll do it now and then for fun.
  • bex879165
    bex879165 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I use Wii fit too as I have 2 small children so the gym is difficult. I also walk when I can! My Wii fit is setto burn 225 cals which I do easily in about 45 mins on various activities. Try go on everyday just to do the body test & get weighed/bmi even if I don't have time to exercise. Good luck. :-)
  • Fae4
    Fae4 Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks so much guys!! That is encouraging. I have just started and have been doing 30 min workouts that are making me sweat big time but worried it was just too little. I actually gained a couple of pounds my first week and I met my calorie goal all but 2 days and did a 30 min work out all but 2 days. That was a lot of work for the couch potato I have been and then to gain really made me feel let down. Hopefully this 2nd week will be better. Thanks again for taking the time to share!