6 days a week training

Options
Should different body parts be done on certain days? I like to mix it up. But wondering if I should concentrate on daily areas?

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Depends, but doubtful
  • ammadden97
    ammadden97 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hmmm so work a little of everything....
    I suppose you generally do,right?
    I am working on upper body my arms are to "loose" lol
  • Boominati
    Boominati Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    it depends on your goal and fitness level..generally the I intermediate ones do this kinda routine
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    For your goals, a full body workout is perfect. Follow a proven program for best results, don't create your own.. and don't target your fatty areas extra. Can't spot reduce fat. What strength equipment do you have available?
  • ificandream
    ificandream Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Rotating your concentration on various areas is best to give them time to recover.
  • Upstate_Dunadan
    Upstate_Dunadan Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    If by "loose" arms you mean you have some extra fat on your arm, you won't be able to target just that fat by working your arms. Your body will lose fat where it wants to assuming you are eating in a caloric deficit. If you're not eating at deficit levels, you can work your arms all you want, but you'll keep the fat and just build muscle underneath. So to tighten up your arms, I think diet should be your first focus. After that, full body workouts (however you decide to split it up) will add muscle everywhere which with a good diet will "tighten" everything up.

If you're a beginner, which I assume you are based on the question, common best practice is to do full body workouts. Once you've been lifting for a while, then you could branch out and split your workout up by bodypart. For example I've been lifting a number of years and do a 4-day+1 split -

Day 1 - Chest/triceps
    Day 2 - Back/biceps
    Day 3 - Shoulders
    Day 4 - Legs
    Day 5 - Upper Body
  • ammadden97
    ammadden97 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. That's good advice. Since I've lost a good 30+ pounds I have some loose areas.