Any 5'6" pregnant ladies PRE PREGNANCY WEIGHT 145-150 lbs?

Options
Ok, i am obsessed with my weight now that i am pregnant for the 3rd time. I gained major weight with my first 2 and then lost about 60 lbs prior to getting pregnant with my third. I felt i was in the best shape of my life, and now i am so uncomfortable with my pregnant body. I guess i am just scared of gaining so much weight and ruining all of the progress i made before i got pregnant. I am now about 16 or 17 weeks prego and the last time i went to docs about 3 weeks ago i weighed in at 154 lbs. Just hoping there were other pregnant ladies around the same pre pregnancy weight who have progression pics, so i can compare? I know everyone gains differently during pregnancy but still interested in seeing everyones progression. THANKS IN ADVANCE :)

Replies

• tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Pregnancy is not the time to try to lose or maintain weight (unless advised and supervised by your doctor or OB/GYN). You're going to gain weight - you're supposed to. Just eat healthy, exercise, get enough water, and you'll be fine.

I am also pregnant (21w 5d) - if you're looking for more pregnant MFP friends! Best of luck! :smile:
  • Laurenjenai
    Laurenjenai Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Pregnancy is not the time to try to lose or maintain weight (unless advised and supervised by your doctor or OB/GYN). You're going to gain weight - you're supposed to. Just eat healthy, exercise, get enough water, and you'll be fine.

I am also pregnant (21w 5d) - if you're looking for more pregnant MFP friends! Best of luck! :smile:

Cool thanks, I have my diary set to gain .5 lbs a week even though it's recommended after the first trimester to gain 1 lb a week. But at the rate I've been going even with the exercise I am doing I think I am leaning more towards gaining that 1 lb a week which is fine. I just definitely don't want to over do the weight gain this time like before, just aiming for a healthy weight gain, so it won't be so hard on me later.
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    No problem at all.

My doctor is okay with me gaining .5lb/week from here on out (or less) because of how much I gained in the first trimester. Just ask your doctor - each person/situation is different.

I know EXACTLY what you mean about trying not to overdo the weight gain. I gained 20+lbs already, and I was only supposed to gain up to 25. :disappointed: Oh well, it is what it is, now to keep moving forward and worry about it afterwards.

Best of luck! :wink:
  • Rachelblackie
    Rachelblackie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm five and a half months pregnant with my second. I had finally reached my goal weight ten stone (in fact I was just under at 9.12) and didn't even get to enjoy it for more than a few months before getting pregnant. I'm obviously excited but after losing three stone it is a little gutting! I've put on a stone now (I'm just over 22 weeks) and I've come back on here because I don't want to go mad with eating like I did with my son!! Be lovely to have support from other pregnant ladies! :)
  • mrsmcmo
    mrsmcmo Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,
    I am in the same boat. I am currently 13 weeks pregnant, and so far have gained 5lbs (we just got back from vacation also, so I think that is part of the reason for the weight gain - I didn't even bother trying to track my calories). I am a little obsessed with how many cals I'm eating, and I know it's not the time to be doing so but I can't help it. Over about a 6 month period I went from 130lbs to 106lbs where I sat happily for about 5 months. My husband and I are happy to be expecting a new little one, but I worry I'll be depressed over my appearance for the remainder of this pregnancy. Anyway, just wanted to let you know I understand how you feel with not wanting to gain too much!