New vegan

Options
Hello :D
My name is Andrea. I have been wanting to weight 125 pounds for years now, and I have decided that it is finally time to get serious. Part of my new weight loss plan is to go vegan and of course exercise everyday. Any suggestions or just words of encouragement would be great.

Replies

• maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm not vegan, but I love love lovethe Appetite for Reduction cookbook by Isa Chandra Moskowitz. I cook out of her cookbook quite a bit, and it's always delicious, filling, and healthy.
  • andreaanguiano93
    Options
    Thank you! I will have to look it up.
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Just curious . . . Do you want to go Vegan so you can lose weight or is it something you've been considering for a while? If it's going to be a permanent change that you're committed to, cool cool. If you're doing it to lose weight, not so cool cool.

There are plenty of ways to lose weight without adding a second massive lifestyle change into the mix. I worry the double change may be too difficult at the beginning and you might lose hope faster than weight.

Whatever you decide, just stick with it, count your calories, and exercise, and you will be successful. Good luck!
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    **double post
  • oxavecamourxo
    oxavecamourxo Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm a vegan & have lots of vegan friends on here. Have you done any research on being a vegan? Like, the kinds of foods you're going to need to eat and the vitamins you need to keep an eye on?
  • HeyGrlHey
    HeyGrlHey Posts: 640
    Options
    Hi!
    I am not a vegan, but my boyfriend is a vegetarian.

I do not know if you like to cook everyday, I know I don't. So today I made pre-made meals and packed them away in Tupperware for easy convince. If you want to see what I mean look at my profile pictures.

M.
  • andreaanguiano93
    Options
    I've always wanted to go vegan. I have been vegetarian for quite a while, but I finally decided to make the switch. :)
  • andreaanguiano93
    Options
    oxavecamourxo I have done some research. I'm also buying a few vegan books soon!
  • andreaanguiano93
    Options
    hzminda I hate cooking everyday, so I will take a look!