30 Day Shred & SlimFast?

Options
Missycvt
Missycvt Posts: 422 Member
Has anyone tried these together? I started Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred yesterday. I woke up today and started SlimFast diet plan with one Strawberry shake for breakfast. Later I decided to do HIIT instead of the 30 Day Shred since I was sore all over! I am going to continue 30 Day shred tomorrow and SlimFast as I need to drop 15 pounds to be at my goal. I really need to tone up and I know lifting would help, but I'm wondering if the Shred program will be sufficient and also combining it with SlimFast is a good idea?

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    0/10 Would Not Do
  • Eve53
    Eve53 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Have you done Slimfast before? Cause I was using it just for a quick breakfast meal and it was making me really sick. If you haven't, I wouldn't invest too much money in it until you know if it's going to make you sick.

Also, I'm no expert (pretty new actually) but I know that the 30 day Shred is hardcore, so you're gonna burn some major calories. Why would you need a meal replacement?
  • Missycvt
    Options
    It's only day 1 and it made me sick! I think I am gonna stick to my regular diet and shred and HIIT. Hopefully that will tone me up and burn some fat off.
  • tdillabo
    tdillabo Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have had slimfast before and it's never made me sick....it's just like a milkshake...in fact it's too easy to drink for me....have you guys thought about checking with your doc if you are perhaps lactose intolerant? It may just be that you just don't like it but best to check...does any other diary make you feel like that if you have a large quantity?
  • Missycvt
    Options
    Sometimes. I could be lactose intolerant :/ however, I'm gonna try it one more time tomorrow and if I don't get any allergic reactions to it I will continue at least until I finish the 2 cases I just bought. Hate for it to go to waste. Allergic reactions as of today: skin irritation and abdominal discomfort.
  • Eve53
    Eve53 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Nope, I'm not lactose intolerant. It was definitely the Slim Fast. Google will give you lots of information on it happening to others.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Does 30 Day Shred not come with some meal ideas?
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I am lactose intolerant and can not drink Slim Fast, protein shake, yogurt or anything with dairy or casein. If you are lactose intolerant, trying the shake again is still going to make you sick. Perhaps just eat a well balanced meal and forgo the shake. Just a thought.
  • Missycvt
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your replies. I am gonna opt out of the SlimFast plan. :/ Terrible it didn't work out for me. Possibly go with the 30 Day Shred Meal Plan.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    0/10 Would Not Do

Ditto.