Options
So I'm new to myfitnesspal, but not new to dieting, unfortunately. I need to lose a ton of weight, more than I ever thought I would, and I'm looking for anyone who has done this the "natural" way. At over 300 lbs, I don't know of anyone who has lost weight and not had surgery doing so. I was diagnosed with diabetes last yr, and although it's under control, I worry about the complications that come with it. I have a very strong family history of diabetes, my aunt is dying of kidney problems, on dialysis, my dad has heart problems, and my cousin died from complications with foot infections/amputations, and not healing properly from diabetes. I have 4 kids, one with special needs, and I want to see them grow up. I know if I stay this weight, I am taking years off of my life. Thanks in advance for any support/advice!! :)

Replies

• ewhitis
    ewhitis Posts: 132
    Options
    You will LOVE this site! Everyone is soooo supportive. I need to lose another 89 lbs, feel free to friend me if you need extra support!
  • Chinook71
    Chinook71 Posts: 19
    Options
    I think this website is awesome and it has really helped me. Don't look at what you are doing as a diet, but a lifestyle. I really liked the South Beach Diet and excersice book. I don't follow it exactly, but think it's a good place to start and the stories are very inspirational. Take it one day at a time and good luck!
  • ChristinaRamos
    Options
    I am new to dieting but I've gone from 322 in March to 281 today, and I feel so happy! The loss will motivate yourself further!!!! You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!! I've lost 31 lbs in 52 days, feel free to friend me!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!