What do u do when ur sick?

Options
Do u stay on track with healthy eating? Do u eat whatever ur heart desires? I feel like a complete failure with my healthy food lifestyle when i became sick with strep throat this weekend. Slurpees freezies and mcdonalds......
Its like emotional eating. ...how can i stop it?

Replies

• oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I try to stay on track. It's really hard though. I had a virus last week and felt rotten, my body was screaming for sugar for some quick energy. I kept eating well because realistically that's the best thing I can do for myself to get better. I did go over my calorie requirements a bit because I was nauseated and carbs helped. Just do the best you can and keep logging. Think of it in terms of fueling your body with nutritious food!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    It is not all or nothing. You are not a complete failure. People get sick. That stuff happens.
    I hope that you are feeling better now. Get back on track with your plan.
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I try and stay on track, but I don't sweat it if a I don't; I had a minor surgery last Monday, so spent pretty much all of last week stuck in the house dosed up on painkillers. I tried to stay on track, but definitely wasn't logging or counting as I usually do-more focused on getting better! I thought I would gain a hideous amount, but actually, I only gained 1lb which I can live with, so my advice would be don't worry too much about it; try to stay on track, but your main focus should be on getting better. Plenty of time for losing weigh afterwards :)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    If im ill, then my priority is ti get better as soon as possible which means looking after yourself. Theres no reason to go off the rails, the moderation still applies, but I also regard eating seomthing as better than nothing, so ill eat what i want within reason. When ill most people tend to eat less.

It sounds more like a binge than anything to do with being ill. If you are uner your calorie goal it doesnt mater in the short term or for weight loss. Use soem common sense and be responsible, but dont be uptight about what you consume.
  • gothomson
    gothomson Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Its difficult but if you are ill its only foe a (hopefully) short time. I try to keep logging but I find I tend to eat less when I'm not well anyway.
  • dizzieblondeuk
    dizzieblondeuk Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I've got a sore throat and cold right now, and feel just awful! Honey and lemon is helping, but I'm only paying scant attention to how much honey I'm consuming, I'm not going to stress out about that. I agree that you tend to want carb rich foods when you're sick, so I'm not going to deny myself that, and suffer any more than I have to! I'm scarfing down vitamin C rich snacks, like oranges, so my focus is almost entirely on getting better, and any conscious weight loss will have to wait. Exercise is also on hold, I feel so tired (not sleeping well), so rest day it is!
  • R1rainbows
    R1rainbows Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I had a bad day yesterday. I woke up nauseous and vomit-y so I ate junk food later in the day and slept a lot. Not the smartest thing but it did make me feel better. I stayed in my calories but it reminded me why I stopped eating doughnuts and stuff, cus they steal all your calories for the day! I'm upset with myself over yesterday... But I feel better today and am hopping right back on the train. Hope you feel better soon too, don't give up :)