Has anyone tried this stuff, and other questions.

Options
This is not an advertisement, I am simply curious. Have any of you tried CLA? And what were your results/reactions to it? Also, is there a pre-couch to 5k out there? I'm not sure that I can even do week1. Thanks for the help.

Replies

• funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of a pre couch to 5k. Try it - it's meant to be hard and it's meant to push you - if it were easy everyone would do it. It you struggle just half it at first either do less run/walk reps or less running time eg 30 seconds...
  • kmeekhof
    kmeekhof Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Just try the C25k! If you have to go a little slower or it takes you a little longer to accomplish each level so be it. Taking that first step is key... you might just suprise yourself!
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Just try the C25k! If you have to go a little slower or it takes you a little longer to accomplish each level so be it. Taking that first step is key... you might just suprise yourself!

^ that also - I did c25k and there were some runs which didn't even feel much faster than walks...

Repeat weeks if you have to as well.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    There are no Magic Pills and I would never suggest supplement before you try it the right way. Eat clean healthy Nutritious Foods and exercise. Most people use these supplements may loose a little but dont change anything or at the most stick with it. If your working out and eating healthy then you will loose weight.

Proof is in the Pudding. I have a client I am so proud of. She sees me 1 time every other week and she has lost over 60 lbs in 5 months. 80% is her eating and following the meal plans that I have given her. She also is exersicing on her own the other days of the week .
  • drasr
    drasr Posts: 181
    Options
    Treat week 1 of c25k as level 1. Take as much time as you need to perfect that. I mean start week 2 only after you can easily finish week 1. Even if takes a month. Then treat week 2 as level 2. There is no point in advancing further if one can't do the previous level comfortably. I understand c25k program can be tough. It's right for most people but some people still find it too tough while some others find it too easy. So its alright. Don't worry. There is no point in pushing yourself to the point when you can get injured.
  • hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I started C25k at well over 200 pounds doing gentle jog intervals instead of running because that was appropriate for me. I was amazed how quickly I built up stamina and speed. You might try fast walking/gentle jogging intervals if that is your fitness level. If you haven't been walking much, you could even do walk then rest intervals to start out. Listen to your body and keep trying to get better each day. Good Luck!:flowerforyou:
  • seansquared
    seansquared Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    There are no Magic Pills and I would never suggest supplement before you try it the right way. Eat clean healthy Nutritious Foods and exercise. Most people use these supplements may loose a little but dont change anything or at the most stick with it. If your working out and eating healthy then you will loose weight.

Proof is in the Pudding. I have a client I am so proud of. She sees me 1 time every other week and she has lost over 60 lbs in 5 months. 80% is her eating and following the meal plans that I have given her. She also is exersicing on her own the other days of the week .

Thank you. Cannot be stated better!
  • joeysrib
    joeysrib Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I was worried about the running, cause everytime I think about running, I am reminded of my first gym class of my freshman year of high school. I had quit school for 2 years and sat on the couch and watched tv and ate potato chips all day everyday. That first gym class, the teacher said run, no walking, 5 minutes, NOW! Never the less, I tried it, knowing what would happen, wound up in the nurses office breathing into a paper bag, on oxygen, after vomiting on the track. So, starting with a walk, fast walk interval sounds about right, and working my way up, yep sounds better.

I just know that turning 41, and being this fat is for the birds! I can't change my age, but I can change my weight! Thanks y'all!
  • kmeekhof
    kmeekhof Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Good luck!... and just remember, don't give up. No matter how hard it may seem at first the reward is worth the effort and it will get easier the more you do it.

Also don't go too hard to fast to where you get injured or have a burn out.... slow and steady will get you there!
  • wiffe
    wiffe Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Oh and the running is not a full sprint. Some of the podcasts say run some say jog. It really is a jog.
  • biznurse
    biznurse Posts: 81
    Options
    This is just a tad of what's out there: The Risks of CLA: The Bottom Line?

There doesn't seem to be enough evidence to support use of CLA as a weight loss supplement since human studies have been conflicting. There are also concerns about its effect on blood sugar and c-reactive protein levels. This is a supplement that's probably best avoided until more conclusive evidence comes out.

Bottom line, I'd not take it or recommend anyone I know take it. GOOD OLE balanced nutrition and exercise wins out every time! Linda/RN aka BizNurse