I'm almost in the Army!

Options
Kcline14
Kcline14 Posts: 6 Member
hello! My name is Katelyn and one day, sittin in class my senior year of high school, I decided I wanted to join the army. Odd timing I suppose, BUT the only problem I had was I needed to lose 105lbs. Now that I'm nearly 90lbs down and once inch away (from my hips) of joining I would like to share my motivation and success with others!

Replies

• Kcline14
    Options
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    Congrats young lady. Thank you for your willingness to serve, and I hope you find future success!
  • TheChangeIsNow
    TheChangeIsNow Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! Great determination to get where you wanted. Wishing you the best. Thanks for serving (soon)!
  • jnord8729
    jnord8729 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Good job! I hope you can join soon!
  • tretoptreece
    tretoptreece Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Army strong!!! You go girl! Looking beautiful!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    WOOT WOOT! Excellent!
  • Reema_capricorn
    Reema_capricorn Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    amazing progress!
  • anewstart1011
    anewstart1011 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    awesome
  • renitamcphrsn14
    renitamcphrsn14 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • Kcline14
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!! :)
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    You are AWESOME in so many ways!
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Congrats.

One thing to remember ... most people that lose a lot of weight just to enter end up on the weight control program. Enlisting isn't the endpoint ... it is just the beginning.
  • TeenageDream1369
    TeenageDream1369 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You. Look. Gorgeous.

You're glowing in the second picture, with and without the lighting.
    I don't even know you and I'm proud! Good luck, love!
  • SusanUW83
    SusanUW83 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Great job. I retired from the Navy after 25 years. I hate to rain on your parade but completely agree with brianperkins -- if you tend to gain weight you'll be constantly frustrated by the standards. You need to make "watch your calories, watch your portion size and maintain your fitness" a lifestyle change. Most time you wont get time during the day to workout (some units might, but most don't) you need to make time before or after work -- use it as your "me" time to decompress.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    http://www.armytimes.com/story/military/careers/army/2015/06/29/dan-dailey-pushes-black-socks-headphones-pt/29290285/

SMA Dailey is a PT freak ... he expects Soldiers to be in shape and within body fat standards.
  • DansLeSucre
    DansLeSucre Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Katelyn, you look awesome! Yeah! Way to go. Thanks for sharing your inspiration. And best of luck with enlistment!
  • decotterell
    decotterell Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Great job and your motivation should inspire others. As a Veteran, thanks now for your desire to serve.
  • 33Chief
    33Chief Posts: 106 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    The Army hates overweight people. That's just a fact. Once you get in, make sure you keep it off. Good luck to ya!!
  • patricksalazar0123
    patricksalazar0123 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    One of the Marines in my unit lost 80 pounds just to enlist. I know for a fact that it's possible if you put your mind to it.
  • thomasbeauty
    thomasbeauty Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I did the same thing as you when I was your age. I lost about 15 lbs and served for 8 years. Without the weightless I couldn't have enlisted. I hope you stay successful.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!