Sports bra for biiiiiig boobies??

Options

Replies

• bonnymom
    bonnymom Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    http://www.enell.com/

Through my research Enell has the best sports bra for large breasted women. They do custom sizes. They aren't cheap at all, but since they do custom sizing they will probably work the best.

Another option is to purchase 2 high impact bras and wear both of them. Wear 3 of them if you need too! :) Good Luck!
  • sahlah
    sahlah Posts: 52
    Options
    Victoria secrets does not sell big sizes.

Doubling up doesn't work on me. However, I wear a normal bra with a sports bra over it and sometimes too. The sports bra I get is usually a size too small so that it adds the tightness to help hold.
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I always wear at least 2....I have found that it works very well for me.
  • ecaz
    ecaz Posts: 115
    Options
    They make em! Google "sports bra and your exact size" and you'll find them. Freya, Wacoal, are two that come to mind. My fav is Anita Active which I got from a local store that specializes in larger cup sizes. When I finally got tired of only exercising with one arm cause the other was trying to control the ladies I found a local store and went and got measured, that is where I got the Anita. And it was expensive. And then I bought a few more online when I was more sure of my size. www.lindasonline.com is a good site. I used thier bra calculator and it came out the same I was measured for in the store. And they are expensive there too, you aren't going to be able to get out on the cheap for this. But it is worth it. Even if you just buy one and hand wash it every day - so worth it.
  • gatedialer
    gatedialer Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Now I'm being serious! have you tried or looked at Victoria Secrets.I would think being the leader in women's apparel they would have what you need.Good Luck.:embarassed:

Victoria's Secret isn't really geared toward what these women are looking for. They may sell bras but they aren't what they are looking for. Not all bras are the same. VS' s specialty is lingerie, not workout undergarments.

To the OP: Champion Women's 360 Performance Sports Bra, Shock Absorber Women's Run Sports Bra and Champion Women's Double Dry Fitness Bra are some of my favorites.
  • ktspac
    ktspac Posts: 32
    Options
    enell is the way to go. Bought thru title9.com.
    Didn't know it was knell til I got it b/c they don't tell you that.
    I can finally fun w/o holding the girls in place. I have one with a zillion clips up the front, can't remember exact name, sorry.
    Didn't think it was going to fit at first but it did with a little work. Even ran up and down the stairs before getting on treadmill to try it out. No bounce, no pain. Love it!!
  • kboats
    kboats Posts: 2
    Options
    I just got the Enell sports bra which is the best I have found so far for over D cup gals. I also use use two sports bras for running, one that seperates and the outer one to hold them down tight, this solution also works well and can cost less than the $65 Ennel. I also suggest body glide if you are running more than 5k - trust me.

My friend (who wears DD) swears by the Shock Absorber women's running bra which Im going to order as well.

Running sucks in a bad bra so definetely spend the time to find yourself the best, next to shoes it will be the best investment you can make.
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Glad to see all these suggestions - I am in the same boat and have never found one that fits well, if at all. Thanks for bringing up the topic!
  • jvkh127
    jvkh127 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Im a D cup and wear Under Armour Sports bras and they are GREAT! I don't know if they go as high as DD but its worth checking out.
    Heres the link:
    http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/womens/apparel/tops/sports-bras
    Good Luck!!
  • AmBeRLyNnGETTINThIN
    AmBeRLyNnGETTINThIN Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I get my bras at Lane Bryant right now as well, they actually sell from 34a all the way up to like h or f! I am a 42 ddd right now, and I went in seeking a sports bra which they do not sell, however they sell something called the t-shirt bra, and its awesome for work outs....I think so one else mentioned this same bra. Its cotton with UNDERWIRE(cause I cannot go without underwire) and a little bit of padding....its actually a really cute bra and I cant wait to go back and get more after I get done with my weight loss! They are cotton with satin straps....4 clasps! Nice thick shoulder support! Its the only bra I use for my work outs, I will wear the Nike Sports tanks as well as just reg spaghetti strap tanks with this bra and have no fear of the LADIES making and unannounced appearance! Hope this helps....I actually cried the first time i went to lane bryant and got bras.....I was not willing to say I was too fat too big etc to have to shop there, but my back pains were just horrible....The day I bought my first new bras there and figured out I was not a 38 dd and was a 42 ddd instead I BAWLED my eyes out with the sales associate because I knew that my back pains with be helped! They actually have gone completely away! I swear by their bras now...the only ones I will buy!
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    If I'm going to run I wear 2 at once. When I am doing cardio/weight lifting in the living room I wear 1 sports bra and 1 tight camisole with a build in bra or regular bra if there's lot of bouncing and it supports pretty well.
  • tigertown11
    tigertown11 Posts: 310
    Options
    One of my biggest challenges about getting good exercise is that I can't find a sports bra that will fit me! Does anyone know of a website/catalogue/specialty store that sells good sports bras for busty women (way beyond DD!)?????

Help!

I didn't read all the posts, but i get mine from Lane Bryant. They have to order mine. I was a 42 DDD at that time. they last a long time too.
  • tigertown11
    tigertown11 Posts: 310
    Options
    I get my bras at Lane Bryant right now as well, they actually sell from 34a all the way up to like h or f! I am a 42 ddd right now, and I went in seeking a sports bra which they do not sell, however they sell something called the t-shirt bra, and its awesome for work outs....I think so one else mentioned this same bra. Its cotton with UNDERWIRE(cause I cannot go without underwire) and a little bit of padding....its actually a really cute bra and I cant wait to go back and get more after I get done with my weight loss! They are cotton with satin straps....4 clasps! Nice thick shoulder support! Its the only bra I use for my work outs, I will wear the Nike Sports tanks as well as just reg spaghetti strap tanks with this bra and have no fear of the LADIES making and unannounced appearance! Hope this helps....I actually cried the first time i went to lane bryant and got bras.....I was not willing to say I was too fat too big etc to have to shop there, but my back pains were just horrible....The day I bought my first new bras there and figured out I was not a 38 dd and was a 42 ddd instead I BAWLED my eyes out with the sales associate because I knew that my back pains with be helped! They actually have gone completely away! I swear by their bras now...the only ones I will buy!

I don't know if it was the Lane Bryant you were at, but they still do sell a sport bra. i just ordered it in last month. maybe the lady that you spoke with wasn't that informed of their product.
  • elksy
    elksy Posts: 45
    Options
    I just wear a sports bra over top an ordinary bra (one that I'm not too concerned about keeping in good condition). :)
  • jeansnpearls84
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the great advice ladies! I'm thinking I'll be trying the Enell bra and see how it goes....it seems promising! It's spendy for sure, but if I'm gonna lose some weight I need to be able to focus on my workout....not how much my chest is bouncing while I'm doing it!
  • amberwaves74
    Options
    I second that. Two at once is the best I've been able to do so far. Bump!
  • vivcarm
    vivcarm Posts: 1
    Options
    Can't recomend Shock Absorber's run bra enough, I am 34F, if in the uk try boobydoo, I bought two and what a difference, good luck in find one that fits.
  • chellekoren
    chellekoren Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Try breakoutbras.com I found them while I was nursing and needed larger nursing bras and found that they have a wide range of bras that fit larger boobies, correctly, not having them spill out all over. The owner is great about answering any questions, too. I followed their directions on sizing, but didn't quite believe it, emailed about that and the bra I chose and she was sooo helpful and their sizing directions were perfect. I check back for their sales, all the time.
  • msp1957
    msp1957 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My everyday bras are 42G, so I always shop at specialty shops. Enell was the answer to my prayers. The first time I bought one, I put it on and said to my hubby, "Look! I can jump!!" My Enell size is 6. (They have rather strange sizing!) It took me about 15 minutest to figure out how to close it the first time (start at the bottom), but it's easy now. Good luck!!