too many MRPs???

Options
Walt75
Walt75 Posts: 182 Member
Are too many meal replacements bad for you? I'm a truck driver and I can never find healthy choices for food on the road so I've been packing meal replacement powder and granola bars. I eat five meals a day and right now three of them are MRPs. Would it be unhealthy to replace the other two?

Replies

• drasr
    drasr Posts: 181
    Options
    Yes they are. Though i understand your problem as well. Can't you eat one meal at home and pack another one for the ride??
  • joamarelo
    joamarelo Posts: 161
    Options
    yes walt...don't replace all your meals!!! pack good food too ;) I'm sure there's more options for you
  • brandicockrum
    brandicockrum Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I think it should be alright when absolutely necessary. I use meal replacements often for breakfast as I'm not a breakfast person. I don't know about always eating 5 meals a day of meal replacements, simply because of possibly missing out on vitamins and nutrients your body needs. I'd strive for at least those two healthy meals a day, and only replace them when necessary.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I've gone weeks on Isagenix meal replacement shakes and it was fabulous.:bigsmile: assuming the meal replacement stuff you have is really healthy, then go for it.:bigsmile: It's certainly better than the stuff you could buy to eat at a truck stop :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • lanasimm
    lanasimm Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi! I sort of understand your situation. I used to drive wheat truck during the summer in CO. I ended up packing a cooler to help out. Here are some ideas for ya, I hope some of these help out :)

2 Weight Watcher Cheese sticks and 1 5.5 oz of V8 juice
    Portioned out Walnuts
    Lots of Turkey, lettuce and tomato and Whole Wheat Sandwiches
    Salad w/the dressing separate and portioned out
    Hardboiled Eggs (I bring mustard and hot sauce along to spice em up lol)
    Those Starkist Albacore Lunch to Go
    Weight Watcher Double Chocolate Muffin
    Blueberries, Strawberries, Apples
  • am_last10lbs
    am_last10lbs Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    What about packing a bag of celery/baby carrots/peppers, or a proper portion of nuts? Those are some of the things I do for road trips!
  • coakes31
    coakes31 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Walt, Can I ask what your using for MRP's? Ive been looking for one that is good for times when I need it.
  • ChristinaRamos
    Options
    I would bring a small cooler with me and pack healthy meals. I would also take a multivitamin, but the meal replacements are a good choice! My all time favorite is Vi-Shape meal replacement milkshake from ViSalus. Low sodium and DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    You have to watch for some meal replacements have a lot of sugar.

So a cooler should be a must.
    Fruit
    Egg white burritos.
    chicken, chicken sandwiches, on different types of breads to change it up.
    Turkey, other lean meats
    peanut butter sandwiches
    any of ..Baby carrots/celery/broccoli/cauliflower and dip in hummus.
  • dan76n
    dan76n Posts: 23
    Options
    My morning tea every day consists of my own meal replacement shake and gets me to lunch.
    I have 600 mls of skim milk or light soy milk with 2 egg whites, I use full eggs with yolk every 3-4 days for a change and energy boost.
    And 15 grams of Milo.
    It's a lot cheaper than any MR powders and as far as I'm concerned does just as good.
    It comes in at between 270 and 400 calories depending on which option I use.
    I put it all in my shaker the night before.
    If it doesn't fill you up enough add more egg whites.
    You can buy egg whites frozen in most supermarkets these days but they are unlikely to be free range.
    I have boxes of long life skim milk and long life lite soy milk in the cupboard.