Super Dieters Tea Cleanse??

Options
Hi MFP friends,
I'm starting to use this tea tonight, My friend told me this tea will help clean my colon, with that said I hope it also helps boost metabolism & help me with my diet a lil better.

Have any of you guys ever used this tea. And what is your feedback?

Replies

• ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    OMG! I'm warning you....that will hurt your stomach. I don't know anyone that's kept the weight off that used it, but it's great to start off if you can recover from the upset stomach quickly.
  • drasr
    drasr Posts: 181
    Options
    If you eat healthy, your body will cleanse itself. Green/Herbal tea has anti-oxidants and it does boost up your metabolism a bit. So it's good anyways. I just don't believe in that 'cleansing' claim.
  • drasr
    drasr Posts: 181
    Options
    Googled to find out more about your tea. Came across this article
    http://www.ehow.com/about_5074896_side-effects-super-dieters-tea.html
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    The only way to lose weight and keep it off is with a healthy diet and regular exercise. No miracle diet will do it for you.
    Be careful. I know several people who have done this and most of them are worse off for it. Sent one person to the hospital, almost died.
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I use it all the time. It is part of my bedtime routine at least 5 times a week. Use it carefully because it can give you cramps if you steep too long. Also, if you go more than once.... you may want to cut down. You're not supposed to.
  • progressisbeautiful
    progressisbeautiful Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm a big natropathic buff. Was kinda forced to when my oldest daughter presented with severe food allergies. Dieters tea is doing what cleanes are supposed to do. Over time (especially if you're overweight) your colon accumulates a nasty layer of plaque on the colon walls. It prevents proper intake of vitamins and sometimes forms into nasty cancers. Especially if you find yourself constipated often. And know that "constipated means that you only expel waste once a day or less. Our bodies are supposed to expel waste within 2 hours of eating it. And it should come out in a long tube shaped poop. Not pebbles or runny. Also, most of us who are overweight carry around as much as 20 pounds of poop. Instead of the dieters tea, I would recommend you take a real cleanse, the best one is found at blessedherbs.com. It's amazing what comes out with that cleanse. As far as daily teas, something like green tea with antioxidants that support womanly functions and energy booster properties would be best.
  • sexylily
    sexylily Posts: 68
    Options
    No miracle diet will do it for you.
    Be careful. I know several people who have done this and most of them are worse off for it. Sent one person to the hospital, almost died.

Oh no, you are scaring me, I know about the only healthy way to lose way is to eat healthy & exercise. I just needed a cleanse cuz sometimes I'm constanpated :cry:
  • sexylily
    sexylily Posts: 68
    Options
    Thanks everyone for taking your time to reply to my post I will be very carefull!! :noway:
  • sceck
    sceck Posts: 219
    Options
    Try some complex carbs; lentils, barley, black beans. They digest more slowly, absorb water, keep the bowels moving better.
  • minnoangell
    Options
    I have used this tea for years I have ibs and it's the only that helps me go to the washroom
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Hi MFP friends,
    I'm starting to use this tea tonight, My friend told me this tea will help clean my colon, with that said I hope it also helps boost metabolism & help me with my diet a lil better.

Have any of you guys ever used this tea. And what is your feedback?
    It's a laxative. How will that help boost your diet other than rather harshly clearing things out temporarily.
    In fact, I predict they'll lead to you over eating.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I use it all the time. It is part of my bedtime routine at least 5 times a week. Use it carefully because it can give you cramps if you steep too long. Also, if you go more than once.... you may want to cut down. You're not supposed to.
    You use a stimulant laxative five days a week?
    NOT good.
    NOT good.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    That tea contains senna, which is a harsh laxative and can screw up your bowel if used too frequently.

And your colon doesn't need cleansing.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I'm a big natropathic buff. Was kinda forced to when my oldest daughter presented with severe food allergies. Dieters tea is doing what cleanes are supposed to do. Over time (especially if you're overweight) your colon accumulates a nasty layer of plaque on the colon walls. It prevents proper intake of vitamins and sometimes forms into nasty cancers. Especially if you find yourself constipated often. And know that "constipated means that you only expel waste once a day or less. Our bodies are supposed to expel waste within 2 hours of eating it. And it should come out in a long tube shaped poop. Not pebbles or runny. Also, most of us who are overweight carry around as much as 20 pounds of poop. Instead of the dieters tea, I would recommend you take a real cleanse, the best one is found at blessedherbs.com. It's amazing what comes out with that cleanse. As far as daily teas, something like green tea with antioxidants that support womanly functions and energy booster properties would be best.

No no no. Wrong.
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options

And your colon doesn't need cleansing.

Exactly. Though eating foods that contain more fiber, drinking more water and exercise tends to get things moving if you are constipated. Or Taco Bell. YUM.