Need help finding a low Calorie Pancake mix

laurel30
laurel30 Posts: 6 Member
Can anyone help with a low calorie pancake mix, that actually ends up tasting like pancakes?

Replies

• mrsfrazier078
    mrsfrazier078 Posts: 13 Member
    I use regular pancake mix from hungry jack. The only thing I do is make them silver dollar size. To make sure I don't over indulge, I use a side of egg whites to make sure I'm satisfied. Good luck!!
  • pinafabs
    pinafabs Posts: 1 Member
    Just using banana and egg is low calorie and high in protein! 1 banana to two eggs. It and blend well. Fry in coconut oil!
  • Serena795
    Serena795 Posts: 21 Member
    Coconut flour and egg pancakes! 1 egg per Tbsp coconut flour, and add 2 Tbsp water/nut milk. Lots of fiber and protein, and if your pan is nonstick, you don't even need oil!
    Otherwise, Flapjacked pancake mix is high in protein and low-calorie.
  • calana
    calana Posts: 88 Member
    Kodiak cakes! You can buy online or check their site for a store locator. I find mine at Target.
  • I mix one banana + 2 eggs with some cinnamon it's amazing and very high in protein low in calories
  • shotokanjo
    shotokanjo Posts: 1 Member
    Go to proteinpow.com
  • RickLanc
    RickLanc Posts: 7 Member
    Use CarbQuick It's mostly fiber and can be blended in with other mixes to get the reduction in calories
  • marcae70
    marcae70 Posts: 72 Member
    http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2012/01/cream-cheese-pancakes.html

These taste AMAZING! ...and i just see that you want low calorie, not low carb. Oh well...just throwing it out there.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    edited July 2015
    3/4 C cornmeal
    3/4 C whole wheat flour
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/4 C applesauce
    2/3 C plain nonfat greek yogurt
    1/3 C unsweetened almond milk
    2 Tb sugar
    6 Tb egg whites
    1 C diced fruit of your choice

Mix it all up, let it sit for about 15-20 minutes before cooking like regular pancakes.

Makes 16 griddle cakes. Cook in a nonstick pan with cooking spray. Depending on the fruit you use, it's about 60 calories, 0 fat, 11 carb, 2 fiber, and 3 protein each, and you don't really even need syrup or anything (if you do use it, just use a teeny drizzle of honey or pure maple syrup).

(ETA: Adapted from here: http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2015/06/strawberry-cornmeal-griddle-cakes/)

PS - I find it hysterical that the OP was flagged for spam.
  • tbbhealthanista
    tbbhealthanista Posts: 25 Member
    I just use Bisquick Heart Smart mix, with low fat mix, and sometimes find a way to mix in vanilla protein powder. Gives it a little vanilla flavor, high in protein, and a few carbs at breakfast never hurt :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    I love Kodiak mixes too, but they don't quite taste like real pancakes to me. Still... delicious, although the protein one is better with savory toppings IMO.
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    edited July 2015
    These may not be low cal but they are awesome. Trader Joes Toasted Coconut Pancake mix. So good!!! Also Vanns came out with a new waffle. Power waffle I think it is called. Have not tried them yet because they are in the freezer. lol They have alot protein in them. Cals are not too bad for 2.
  • jec1972
    jec1972 Posts: 1 Member
    Here is what I've been making:

Ingredients
    6 oz of your favorite Greek yogurt
    1 egg
    scant ½ cup flour
    1 tsp baking soda
    *I add 1 tsp. sugar and 1 tsp. vanilla.
    **I double the recipe and use 1 container Fage 0% Greek yogurt & 1 container Oikos Greek Vanilla yogurt.
    ***I have occasionally added protein powder too.

Instructions
    Stir the yogurt until smooth and creamy. Add egg and vanilla and stir until combined.

In a separate bowl, mix together the flour and baking soda (sugar if added).
    Pour yogurt/egg mixture into the bowl with the flour and baking soda. Stir to combine. The batter will be extremely thick.

Spoon the batter onto a sprayed griddle or pan heated to medium-high. I usually make four big pancakes, but you could also make 8 smaller ones.

Flip the pancakes when they start to bubble a bit on the surface. Cook until golden brown on both sides
  • fravila7
    fravila7 Posts: 1 Member
    1 egg white
    1/4 cup milk
    1scoop protein vanilla
    1/2 oatmeal blended in a food processor
    I/2 banana
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    laurel30 wrote: »
    Can anyone help with a low calorie pancake mix, that actually ends up tasting like pancakes?

Why not make regular pancakes, and make them fit in your day?
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    I make Greek Yogurt pancakes. They are great.

1/2 cup flour
    1 tsp baking soda
    1 egg
    1 5.3 ounce Greek Yogurt (I use different flavors to have variety)

Mix flour and baking soda. Beat egg; add yogurt. Pour flour mixture in to egg mixture. Stir just until blended.

This makes two servings.

I need to buy a griddle, these were baked in my grille pan.

n91ez89h1aej.jpg
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    edited July 2015
    Eta ^ those look good but where's the butter and syrup?
    No such thing. I've tried and failed too many times.
  • jgunning12
    jgunning12 Posts: 1 Member
    has anybody tried carbquik?
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    again, what does anyone have against a good old fashioned pancake?
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    again, what does anyone have against a good old fashioned pancake?

Eventually they will figure out there are just some things you can't make low calorie.