I need to brag

Options
I am so proud of myself. A month ago I broke 200 pounds for the first time - the heaviest I've ever weighed in my 32 years. I had gained almost 30 pounds in under a year! (In fairness, it was a very stressful year - I lost 4 family members to cancer, changed jobs and sold my house to move to another part of the state.) I'm 5'4" and a little pudgy. I was having bad asthma, pimply skin, heatburn and wasn't sleeping.

I decided I needed to make a change.

I came back to MyFitnessPal and started tracking my diet. I set my goals at 1500 calories and 94 carbs per day.

I haven't been perfect, but I've been doing great!

Today is my 22nd consecutive day tracking my food. I've taken up Zumba at a local community center once a week and LOVE it! Can't wait for the fall when they have 2 classes a week. :smiley:

I've lost 5.4 pounds in 3 weeks. I am SO PROUD of myself.

I've never been this committed to my health before or seen such wonderful results. My goal weight is <159 (150 would be ideal, but I just want to be in the 150's). For the first time in my adult life, I feel like that goal is attainable. As an added bonus my asthma, skin, heartburn and sleep have all gotten better.

Thank you myfitnesspal for giving me the tool I need to make a positive change in my life. <3

Replies

• KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!

I was where you were a couple of years ago, broke 200 pounds (by an extra 20) for the first time ever; but I'm telling you, the first 6 months I tracked it seemed like the weight just fell off. I was losing weight so quickly, because I stopped eating crap, and I got off my *kitten*. That's all there is to it!
    Holding myself accountable for what I ate made an enormous difference for me, as I'm sure it will for you too. :)

Keep up the hard work, you'll get there!
  • tterreble
    tterreble Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! Well done!!
    Moving ones body is such a great thing, I found that it even helped against my high stress level and depression! I also started Zumba about three weeks ago and its amazing! SO much fun, can't wait for the next class!
    Just keep at it and with an attitude like that I'm sure you'll reach your goal! :smiley:
  • AnnieMusicing
    AnnieMusicing Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! Zuma is a ton of fun :)
  • fluffychicken7
    fluffychicken7 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    WTG! I started zumba about 5 years ago? I use to run on the treadmill but lacked the discipline to stick to it, that and I am also an asthmatic. I tried my first class then and I was hooked.

Fast forward to today, I still do it, albeit I teach it more often then I take it myself. I still struggle with my weight but now I get paid to exercise, so it works out for me. Remember that zumba is a gateway drug, you will be doing other dancing in no time. ;)