Chicken Dipping Sauce

Options
bfmcrys
bfmcrys Posts: 6 Member
I don't do it very often, but I did it last night, I overcooked chicken breasts. I usually use Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce to help moisten my ruined chicken, but I am looking for more ideas that don't have so much sugar.

What do you use?

Replies

• gaelowyn_pt_duex
    gaelowyn_pt_duex Posts: 135 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    soy sauce, with some fresh ground ginger, garlic, and a little honey to add sweetness. I heat it up till it thickens some. If the chicken is overcooked, your next best bet is to shred it and make it into taco/burrito filling, or add it to a veggie stir fry, or veggies and pasta. Or- chicken santa fe: shred chicken. add taco seasonings you like(or taco powder packet), a can of either diced tomatoes or rotel tomatoes w/chilis, a can of black beans drained and rinsed, a can of corn drained. heat through. taste. add more seasonings as needed. serve with rice, guac/avacado, salsa or some sour cream. use chipotle peppers in adobo if you like heat as well.
    you can also shred or cube and put into soups and casseroles.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Italian would be another way to go. Marinara sauce is low sugar, sauté some onions and peppers....sprinkle with a bit of parmesan or mozzarella.
  • taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Soup! I'm quite lazy and totally lack the kitchen skillz necessary to work-up something fancy on the fly, so I'll shred (or cube) the offending chicken and add it into heated soup.

I think most recently I used Campbell's "Healthy Request Grilled Chicken and Sausage Gumbo Soup" for this exact purpose -- heating the soup prior to dropping your dry/tough chicken in there will keep you from re-cooking your over-cooked chicken -- This particular soup will add 140cal, 3.3gFat, 22gCarb,410mgSodium, & 720mgPotasium to your over-cooked chicken while helping to soften it down.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Being from the Colorado/New Mexico area, I can never get enough chili verde. Love that stuff on chicken. Trader Joe's has one for 110 calories per jar (not bad). The only thing you have to watch there is a little extra sodium.
  • cat_lady77
    cat_lady77 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Sweet chili sauuuuce!!! I don't know about sugar (it probably has some) but it's so good. Or Asian Sesame dressing.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    hot sauce.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Honey mustard
  • emodavis
    emodavis Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    21 Day Sugar Detox ketchup. There are tons of paleo barbecue sauce recipes that can be made pretty low sugar. Melted butter and hot sauce.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    I use the bin... or I remember that last time I burnt it and dont do it again....
  • bfmcrys
    bfmcrys Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions, I will try them out. I can't throw the chicken away, I spend too much money on buying good chicken that I can't just waste it.