Fitbit Weekly Snapshot

Options
I just got my Fitbit last week and therefore this is the first weekly snapshot they're sending me. I have been logging food only on MFP and eating back 50%-75% of the extra calories Fitbit gives.

Please see my attached photo to bring some clarity! My question is, how did they come up with the weekly calories in vs out number? If you subtract the calories eaten from the calories burned the number is much higher than the number they're showing on the right.

ctib3ywj4q7o.jpg

Replies

• aam117
    aam117 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Not 100% sure this is correct, but it looks like you exceeded your 3500 cal deficit goal by that amount?
  • Fulcherj1
    Fulcherj1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Ah, you must be correct because when I add cal in vs out, 3500 deficit, and my calories eaten I end up with calories burned. Thank you so much!
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    You've undereaten your goal by 1055 calories according to the deficit you're set at because you've eaten 13192 rather than your calories burned less 3500.
  • aam117
    aam117 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    My fitbit is only a few weeks old too and I'm still figuring it all out. :smile:
  • WaterBunnie
    Options
    If synced here the 1055 should match green numbers for the week in MFP
  • Fitwarrior7_Round_2
    Fitwarrior7_Round_2 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Mine died and I had to get a warranty replacement. Still getting my average back up to par.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    The CICO on my fitbit report does the same thing. It only shows -/+ deviation from the planned deficit. I've always found it annoying and unhelpful.
    I'd rather it just give me the CICO, my planned deficit be darned.
  • WaterBunnie
    Options
    Lourdesong wrote: »
    The CICO on my fitbit report does the same thing. It only shows -/+ deviation from the planned deficit. I've always found it annoying and unhelpful.
    I'd rather it just give me the CICO, my planned deficit be darned.

In that case set your profile here to maintenance and it should do that.