drinking water

Options
I have a hard time drinking enough water, I just get bored with it. Can I add something to it so its not so boring but still counts for my water? I'm always seeing the crystal light packages that you pour into your water does that still count for your water?

Replies

• stephbarrera
    Options
    I have a hard time drinking enough water, I just get bored with it. Can I add something to it so its not so boring but still counts for my water? I'm always seeing the crystal light packages that you pour into your water does that still count for your water?
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    You can try lemon slices, orange slices, crystal light, lemon juice. Whatever makes it work for you. I find I can drink it better if it's not real cold but not quite room tempature. Good luck.

Charlaine
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    You can buy the flavored water that has zero everything (calories, sodium, carbs, etc.). WalMart is a good place to buy those price wise or you can get them at grocery stores also. Check the labels to make sure you're getting the brand that has zero everything.
  • puravidame
    puravidame Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Should we be drinking a gallon a day?
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Please, please, please..if you haven't read on here or heard about the dangers of aspertame, please do so. Many of those sugar free drink mixes are loaded with aspertame. Any drink mixed with water counts as water except coffee (it actually dehydrates you.) I ditched my dangerous drink mixes and switched to Lipton white and green teas. They have them in handy little packs that you can add to your water bottle and shake and they have alot of flavors. I'm sure your aware of the wonderful benefits of green tea...I swear it helps me lose weight. If you have to add sweetener to anything, try looking into Splenda. :smile:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    In Canada we have "celestial seasonings" herbal tea, it has no caffeine, it is basically just flowers fruits and roots:laugh: . My favs are tangerine and peach. I have talked to nutritionist and they are equivalent to water.:smile:
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    you can drink too much water as much as you can drink too little. The old addage is 8 glasses a day but that was established in 1943 and the medical community hasn't adjusted that since then. The general rule of thumb is to drink until you feel hydrated and no more.

Diet drinks and sports drinks have their down sides as well so becareful and read the labels because some of the artificial sweeteners actually block your ability to lose weight.
  • TZUVELLA
    Options
    you are exactly right.. good looking out by sharing what you know.:smile:
  • skinnyray
    Options
    In the summer, I love some fresh spearmint! Soooo refreshing! :bigsmile: Really, try to flavor it with something you like!