Benefits of Cleanses?

Options
Rage_Phish
Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
I see lots of people talking about different "cleanses". What are the benefits of these cleanses and why do people do them?

Thanks!

Replies

• TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'm interested also.
  • Skinnymomma11
    Options
    There is variety kind of CLEANSE and I am STILL not sure why people do that and what does it do to people and what benefits it does for them. I use Herablife product all the time and I never thought of using cleanse...

Hope someone else will explain that?

Good Luck!
  • Smittyinthesun
    Options
    It is supposed to be like drano and get rid of toxins in your body and clean out your pipes. Frankly I'm not sure if they really work or not, I think there is lots of marketing to make you think that's what they do. I'm just not sure they work.
  • progressisbeautiful
    progressisbeautiful Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Seems like I've been talking about poop all night. But I know the difference these can make. There are many forms of cleanses that you can do. And in general, the goal should always be that you want your insides to be in such good working order that you don't use cleanses on a regular everyday basis. However, when you are overweight and starting a weight loss journey, it's good to cleanse your colon. Many people who are overweight carry around as much as 20 pounds of poop impacted in our insides. It gets stuck like a plaque to our intestinal walls and inhibits the absorbtion of vitamins, causes bulk and sometimes turns into cancer. When you upgrade your diet and your lifestyle choices, it's a good idea to do a cleanse to get all that stuff out. Be careful though. Many cleanses contain an herb called sienna and it is very strong. you don't want to do a lot of cramping or really affect your daily routine with this process. Some people fast as a part of the cleanse, some do juices, some do teas. I think a good one is found at blessedherbs.com. You are constipated if you don't poop within 2 hours of eating. It should come out in one long tube. Not stringy, runny, hard or looking like pebbles. You want to get your system flushed so that your poop looks like it should. This can be done in one big push like the site I referenced, or over time through other methods. Some folks do enemas and there is even a step beyond a colon cleanse where you cleanse your liver and blood. Often folk who go through chemo treatment or some other trauma do those. Not to say that you have to have had that kind of trauma to cleanse your liver and blood..... I can sound like a quack if I keep going because it's a personal passion of mine. my family has really benefited from understanding these things. I hope I gave you some insight.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I think i'll pass on a cleanse
  • tigriss76
    tigriss76 Posts: 2
    Options
    I know there are a lot of cleanses out there that help eliminate toxins in your body, but essentially remove a lot of good along with the bad. I honestly don't know a lot about them. I have, however, been using products from a company that encourages "nutritional cleansing" so you are putting a lot of amazing nutrients into your body, while removing what's bad (toxins and pollutants that build up in our system from what we eat, drink, breathe, put on our skin, etc). The concept is similar to changing the oil in your car, or brushing you teeth - bringing you back to your optimum, and re-setting your health! The first 'thirty day nutritional cleanse' I did, I lost 12 pounds and 14 inches, and you don't starve or spend all day in the bathroom - honestly. I'm actually signed up with my fitness pal now because it has all of their product listed so it's easy to keep track of what I'm consuming! I've been using the products for about a year now, have maintained my weitht loss, and am getting ready to do another thirty day cleanse (always looking for others to do this with me). I have seen a lot of success with this program, and have signed up a lot of friends and some family. I could give you endless information, but I only want to share with people who really are interested. People who are at a point where they are ready to make positive changes to their health and their diet. People looking to feel better, think clearer, lose weight, increase their energy, sleep better, handle stress more easily, the benefits are endless! They even stand by their product with a thirty day money back guarantee! I'll give you a website for more info - www.christineleachman.isagenix.com - I'm happy to answer any questions and share more about my experience with Isagenix, no pressure (not my style) just finally found an amazing product that actually works and am happy to share with anyone interested! Check it out, and contact me with any questions to help determine if it's right for you! To your health!!!
  • tigriss76
    tigriss76 Posts: 2
    Options
    Wow....nothing like that listing above - I'd pass on colon cleansing too!!
  • yanksgurl613
    Options
    Check out Pu erh tea. You can find it online on amazon or ebay etc. It is well known to help increase metabolism and aid in weight loss. Its regulatory effects on the digestive system are apparent with regular use, and because of it's rich flavor many people enjoy a cup of Pu-erh instead of coffee every day. Pu-erh tea has less than half (about 50 mg or less) the caffience as compared to a cup of coffee, which is usually 100+ mg (up to 200mg) and I think Pu-erh is one of the healthiest teas that one can add to their diet. It aids in digestion and fat metabolism and is a great tea to include in a balanced weight loss program. Drink a cup at each meal and discover it for yourself. I have been drinking it for about 2 months now and loving it already lost lots of weight and inches. Feel free to message me for any information about the tea.