Down 96 lbs in 19 weeks

Options
2»

Replies

• jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    What's your secret? Great pics!!

I had a lot to lose, still kind of do. I am on a medically monitored fast, with meal replacement shakes for three meals a day and a dinner that consists of 6 oz of lean protein, 3 servings of vegetables (about a cup and a half), and a fruit. I drink at least 12 cups of water a day, no alcohol, and limit my carbs to around 100 grams a day (all from veggies that have no starch), and no bread or potatoes. It is healthy because we are being monitored by doctors, pschologists, nutritionists, and an exercise physiologist. I workout anywhere from 30-60 minutes a day, 5 to 6 days a week. The specialty diet puts us in a constant state of ketosis, our liver is working overdrive all the time, which is part of the reason for the no alcohol and fatty foods.

It's not for everyone, but for people with a lot to lose it is a much safer and easier than Gastric Bypass or the Lap Band Surgery.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    PROOF of success, great job!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Wow! Being a newlywed is certainly agreeing with you! :wink:

Fantastic work!
  • Zurichnee
    Zurichnee Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    High Five! That is awesome! You've worked hard!
  • Melinda1987
    Melinda1987 Posts: 130
    Options
    I would never believe it was possible to lose that much that fast!! You must be kicking *kitten* on exercise!!!
  • jhardenbergh
    Options
    I would never believe it was possible to lose that much that fast!! You must be kicking *kitten* on exercise!!!

I do all cardio for the most part, jogging, wii, biking. cardio boxing, 5 to 6 days a week for anywhere between 30 and 60 minutes a day.
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!
  • monchand
    monchand Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    looking great!
  • biznurse
    biznurse Posts: 81
    Options
    I don't do the "ketoacidosis" anymore due to kidney damage from when I did it, but you've done awesome! Just be real careful!
  • jhardenbergh
    Options
    I don't do the "ketoacidosis" anymore due to kidney damage from when I did it, but you've done awesome! Just be real careful!

Yeah it's definately tricky, I should get my third blood test back this thursday, we have one before we start at the 10 week point and then at 20 weeks. All my numbers have improved greatly especially blood sugar, went from a diabetic 243 on an overnight fast to 80 on a fast. I haven't had an alcoholic beverage since January 6th, but who's counting. I haven't cheated once on this diet at least not knowingly. I eat out alot due to my work but always check the restaurant out before I go. I take a multivitamin everyday. Any tips on combatting the kidney damage. I am a little nervous. How will I know, will it show in the blood work
  • Evrgrn247
    Evrgrn247 Posts: 15
    Options
    Outstanding
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    WOW! Very nice work!
  • jhardenbergh
    Options
    thanks everyone, I appreciate the motivation, I can never see the change in the mirror, but the pictures I definately can.
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    great job, a lot loss
  • getupandmoveit
    Options
    Oh my god, you've made such great progress!

Congratulations :)
  • titletown
    titletown Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Damn dude, doesn't your wife know how to cook?

All kidding aside, that is fricken amazing, I thought I was doing well losing that much, but it took me 2 years.

Way to take hold of your future!
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    wtg:bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!