Stress Eating at Work

Options
darkrose20
darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
OK, so my co-worker brings gobs of chocolate for us to stress eat. I just can't. Is there anything that you guys take to work with you to munch on? Let's face it. I can't be the only one stress eating.

PS: If this is the wrong board for this, let me know. :-)

Replies

• oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Edamame, herbal tea, fresh berries, a little dark chocolate.
  • LovesTheSeasons
    LovesTheSeasons Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Skinny pop popcorn 100 cal/bag. Eat 1 or 2 bags.
  • bmchenry02
    bmchenry02 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Mints! I don't work out of the home anymore but having an altoid would kill my break room munchies. I recently discovered pop chips. I love the sweet potato flavor. Portion out your servings and have options!
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Usually I grab beef jerky to munch on at work when I'm stressed, or just in general. Lots of protein and it lasts longer since you have to chew it completely.
  • Sandyslosenit
    Sandyslosenit Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Dehydrated green beans (be careful, depending on who made them, they can be high in sodium) followed by 1 Hersheys kiss. That satisfies my sweet n salty cravings, Then if I'm still wanting something I pop a mint and have a huge glass of water.
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I replaced my work stress eating habit with a tea habit. Works out nicely
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    buy a hand gripperqth75pi1ywbb.jpg
  • supersocks117
    supersocks117 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I think edamame was a good suggestion. But I think fruits/veggies precut and weighed at home, airpopped popcorn, extra beverages (more water/tea). I stay at home, but my favorite sweet/salty combo is air popped popcorn with a little butter and salt (you could swap for Parmesan cheese or something) + a serving of dark chocolate raisenettes. Maybe a sweet yogurt? Or one of those greek yogurt or cottage cheese that come with mix ins? A trail mix?
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Cut up fresh fruits and veggies! Bell Peppers, mini carrots, squash, celery, apples, grapes, cherries, etc. I love that I can snack on them and not kill my dinner calories:)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I have a co-worker that keeps a candy dish filled with chocolate (at all times) so I have just in case items on hand. I keep unsweetened apple sauce, hot cocoa mix, 100 calorie popcorn bags, chai tea bags, and Nips hard candy in my cabinet. I like having the choice, and as long as I log my snack....I'm good.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I pre-plan my day and follow the plan. I used to bring snacks (even pre planned), but found that I'm much better eating my breakfast before I leave and then waiting until about 2-2:30 before o have lunch.
  • meadowlark42
    meadowlark42 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Tea, popcorn, trader Joe's honey wheat pretzel sticks (10 for 100 cal). Whatever you do though, good god don't bring money for the vending machine, it is eeeeeeeevil
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I brown bag everything to work...breakfast, lunch, snacks...the works...it all comes with me pretty much everyday. Having a nectarine with some almonds right non...