Hummus

Options
dancer_emt
dancer_emt Posts: 31 Member
Ok so this might sound like a retarded question but here it goes anyway.

Where would I find hummus in the grocery store? I know it has to be somewhere in the refrigerated section but that is quite broad...

Replies

• kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Deli section
  • schobert101
    schobert101 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    usually next to the cheeses.
  • dancer_emt
    dancer_emt Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • biznurse
    biznurse Posts: 81
    Options
    Target has it with the fresh veggies here.... MAN, I LOVE it!!!!! BizNurse
  • SLE0803
    SLE0803 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I always find it is produce by the veggies. I like sabra brand the best. You can always make your own too. Super easy to make if you have a food processor.
  • somechicka
    somechicka Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was going to say the same thing... garbanzo beans, oil, some spices and you're done. :)
  • Trigal68
    Trigal68 Posts: 7
    Options
    Actually, the answer to where it is depends on the store. Walmart tends to have it in the deli, Kroger also has it in the refrigerated section near the deli. My local supermarket has Sabra (also my favorite brand) between the yogurts and the cheeses (same place it has the french onion and ranch dips) but it has some gourmet brands in the deli section. I also like to make my own. I saw a recipe for some today that didn't even have oil in it. I haven't made an oil-free hummus before so I cannot recommend it.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    I always find it is produce by the veggies. I like sabra brand the best. You can always make your own too. Super easy to make if you have a food processor.

ditto on sabra