Goal weight & not happy when getting there?

Options
neekmichelle922
neekmichelle922 Posts: 71 Member
edited July 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
im 5'3 & was 120 so I thought I'd loose 5 than 10 now I'm down to 107 & still not happy when I know that's small for my size !! UGH has this happened to anyone else ?

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Is it a fat distribution problem or a muscle problem you are having?
  • KateSimpson17
    KateSimpson17 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    You may have a distorted view of your body. We're about the same age, and I think young women (and women in general) often have a distorted view of what they actually look like. Before you continue to lose any more weight ask friends and family what they think and maybe see your doctor. From your picture you look gorgeous! If you're not completely happy try lifting and resistance exercises which will give you more definition and lower your bf%
    If you continue to lose weight you may find you still aren't happy with yourself and develop an eating disorder especially since you're already a pretty low bmi.
  • EmTheChubs
    EmTheChubs Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same here! I'm 5'3, and now weigh 50.7 kg, approx 112 lbs. I thought I'd be glad, but that darn belly flab is still there so I'm not happy... I'm thinking about exercising, simple stuff like walking/running and push-ups, sit ups, etc. Hopefully that will help out and get me the results I want.
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    It took a while for my mind to catch up with my body. I wasn't thrilled at first (I just didn't know what to think/couldn't see it in the mirror) but now I'm very happy a few months after arriving at my goal. :)
  • Toadstool_
    Toadstool_ Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Yep, 5'4" and I'm at my goal weight of 126, but really disappointed with how I look. I'm going to aim for 119 for now and see how I feel where I get there. Absolutely minimum I will let myself go is 114 before focusing solely on exercise, but will also introduce weights. Fairly sure the problem is I only started exercising a few weeks ago.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Body composition ..you possibly need to work on your musculature with a progressive resistance programme

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

jqp2hdo3glbb.jpg
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy weights.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Body composition ..you possibly need to work on your musculature with a progressive resistance programme

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

jqp2hdo3glbb.jpg

Yep, this.
  • AmandaHugginkiss
    AmandaHugginkiss Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Yep. Lift weights.
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Body recomp is what you need ..start lifting