I work in an office!

Options
I am a pm at an office so it is hard for me to be active, what's some low calorie but filling lunches?

Replies

• Xanifur
    Xanifur Posts: 44 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Welcome! Try salads with lots of greens, broccoli --I love broccoli slaw/salad with vinegar and sunflower seeds-- or lots of veggies with zero cal dressings.
  • sunnyj81
    sunnyj81 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I also love the little P3's by Oscar Meyer for snacks. I'm stuck in an office too :(
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I spend 10 hours a day in an office, still hit 15,000 steps a day, 2 taekwondo classes a week and have active weekends. Lunches I tend to have veggie packed soups/stews/chilli (usually around 300 cal a serve), and in summer I have big salads with a protein and a carb (legumes, quinoa, lentils, brown rice etc). To stay active I get off a train station early and walk further to work, walk on my lunch break, use the copier room and bathroom the furthest away, take the stairs instead of the lift etc.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Weight loss comes from a a caloric deficit. Eat what you normally do, only less.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I eat all my favorite meals for lunch: pasta, chicken, roast beef with potatoes, rice, sirloin steak stir fry. I just portion it out and add lots of veggies to make the plate full. But I do love broccoli salad with sunflower seeds. BTW, what dressing has 0 calories? If something has food in it, it has calories.
  • Raevynne
    Raevynne Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I work in property management & the desk job is murder on the body! Nobody likes "office-butt" on a person, that's for sure :). I've been bringing in salad fixings for the week and I prep it at work as we have a decent kitchen. It's also light on the wallet!
  • FinallyFit28
    FinallyFit28 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Desk jocky here...lol Love to see how you guys are working it. Add me
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I'm a desk jockey too. I eat twice during the day at work - 2 lunches - one at 10.30 then at 2.30. I usually have protein with veg, protein with salad (protein as in meat/fish/chicken etc) and also pasta/rice/sweet potato etc. But the protein and carbs are weighed out and the salad unlimited.
  • iamjeffallenjr
    iamjeffallenjr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I work in an office and spend most of my time sitting. I normally eat steel cut oatmeal for breakfast and whole wheat turkey sandwiches for lunch. My advice is to eat smaller portions more frequently during the day. Avoid those v8 drinks, they are packed with sodium.
  • jbartkoski
    jbartkoski Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great advice everyone!
  • robper13
    robper13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I usually make a wrap for lunch. Sams club has these mult-grain tortillas that are 100 calories but are big and great for wraps. I add some turkey, ham or roast beef, 2% monterey jack cheese slice, some spinach, 2 or 3 pickle slices, sliced tomato, red onion slice, and mustard/low calorie mayo. Roll it up and slice in half. Usually is never more than 300 calories (depends on the deli meat...i use HEB 50 calorie black forest or mesquite ham, which is like 4 slices).
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I have PB&J on whole wheat with baby carrots on the side every day for lunch. When I was losing I just had one half sandwich less than the 2 I have now. I usually just snack on food throughout the day (my day is 6am to 2pm) so I never hungry but never stuffed either. This works well for me. It's also important to make sure to get up and move around if you work at a desk, even if you can't leave your desk just make sure to stand periodically.
  • upgradeddiddy
    upgradeddiddy Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I just cook 2 variations of what I eat during lunch so one is "lunch" and the other is "snack" rice, steak, veggies.