Let's lose ten pounds !

Options
Auube
Auube Posts: 17 Member
I am struggling to lose abt 8 pounds that I gained over the years of reckless life style.

I am looking to cut down on small things so they make big changes .
Like, skipping sugar in my coffee and tea,
start to drink more Lemon water,
eating fruits everday and slowly adding on veges.
Although, these stubborn ten pounds haven't even started to melt.
I have always been ex off and on, but now started to stregth train a little bit.
They are not showing any good effects on that too.
I seem to be stuck for now.

Replies

• laurenmelia
    laurenmelia Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am looking to loose around this too, i gained a back injury in May and my fitness has severely dropped so made a start back on the healthy eating (i dont actually mind this but i was just being lazy not prepping feeling sorry for myself) i'm doing 2 weeks of a minimum carb diet to try cut quickly, then i'm going to reintroduce good carbs like sweet potatoe basmati rice etc. We can help eachother
  • lagoscarrie
    lagoscarrie Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I could use some reinforcement too! I'm also looking to lose about ten pounds. I never really had to diet before, but at 53 (my birthday was last week!) I suddenly find that I get a little less forgiveness when I have that extra two glasses of wine or corn chips. I'd like be hover just below 120, and have been pretty darned close to 130 lately. My idea is just to use MFP to keep track of what I'm doing, so I don't get carried away on wine or snacks, and also up my running to six days a week. I just started trail running and I love it! 120 and skinny jeans, here I come!
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I Have lost 10 and am looking to lose 10 more. What I've found is that you can't just estimate what you're eating and try to cut out carbs or cut out the junk. You must buy a food scale and weigh, measure and track everything that goes in your mouth, and make certain you are not eating more calories than you burn, whether they are carbs or not. Also, it still comes off slowly...1 pound a week max for me. There is no way to rush the process and make it happen faster.
  • KristenChambersSortman
    Options
    I could also use support as I battle against myself and the desire to lose 10 lbs.
    After I hit 40, I'm weeks away from 42, my metabolism bottom out and it seems no matter how many calories I count, steps I take, adjust my food choices, I'm getting no where. However, with encouragement whether its give or take, maybe I can find something that works and the 10 lbs I'd like to lose will finally be lost.
    Liking junk food doesn't help.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Looking to lose a bit more than ten... but I'm up for a 10lb challenge with ya all :)
  • Auube
    Options
    Looking to lose a bit more than ten... but I'm up for a 10lb challenge with ya all :)

We are all here for you.
    You are on your way to be saying this soon, I have only ten to go.
    Let's gear up for thay day.
    Start working
  • Auube
    Options
    I could also use support as I battle against myself and the desire to lose 10 lbs.
    After I hit 40, I'm weeks away from 42, my metabolism bottom out and it seems no matter how many calories I count, steps I take, adjust my food choices, I'm getting no where. However, with encouragement whether its give or take, maybe I can find something that works and the 10 lbs I'd like to lose will finally be lost.
    Liking junk food doesn't help.

The metabolism tends to plummet a little after 40 s. So, it's understandable why you are struggling.
    But, let me tell you you will get there you just need to readjust few things here and there and soon you will find your fix.
    Your weight loss might be a little slow but you will get there.
    Keep faith, keep believing keep working

• Auube
    Options
    I am looking to loose around this too, i gained a back injury in May and my fitness has severely dropped so made a start back on the healthy eating (i dont actually mind this but i was just being lazy not prepping feeling sorry for myself) i'm doing 2 weeks of a minimum carb diet to try cut quickly, then i'm going to reintroduce good carbs like sweet potatoe basmati rice etc. We can help eachother
    Certainly, we can.
    I started with the intermittent fasting in the first week to kick start my wght loss.
    It was easy for me because I am not a big fan of breakfast.
    And then, gradually I started restricting 1200 calories and exercising.
    I haven't jumped on the scale yet but it seems to be working
  • Auube
    Options
    I could use some reinforcement too! I'm also looking to lose about ten pounds. I never really had to diet before, but at 53 (my birthday was last week!) I suddenly find that I get a little less forgiveness when I have that extra two glasses of wine or corn chips. I'd like be hover just below 120, and have been pretty darned close to 130 lately. My idea is just to use MFP to keep track of what I'm doing, so I don't get carried away on wine or snacks, and also up my running to six days a week. I just started trail running and I love it! 120 and skinny jeans, here I come!

Happy belated birthday dear.
    U r close. Make sure you keep adding your calories to the journal.
    U seem to be doing all the right things.
  • Auube
    Options
    whmscll wrote: »
    I Have lost 10 and am looking to lose 10 more. What I've found is that you can't just estimate what you're eating and try to cut out carbs or cut out the junk. You must buy a food scale and weigh, measure and track everything that goes in your mouth, and make certain you are not eating more calories than you burn, whether they are carbs or not. Also, it still comes off slowly...1 pound a week max for me. There is no way to rush the process and make it happen faster.
    Quitting carbs is so difficult but still trying my best here.
    Ur speed is so good.
    I seem to be toning a lot but dunno if I lost some pounds.
    Too scared to jump on the scale.
  • lagoscarrie
    Options
    Personal victory: I DID have a couple of glasses of white wine last night and I did NOT use it as an excuse to nibble on smoked nuts, olives, chips, or any of the other things that sound soooo good when I have a glass of wine. I think this is one of the key things I need to readjust.
    Auube wrote: »
    you just need to readjust few things here and there and soon you will find your fix.

Down almost two pounds this morning and feeling fine!
    Great advice, Auube. Keep the faith, you guys. I think it really is just about finding the subtle adjustments necessary to change your life. :)
  • Auube
    Options
    Those subtle adjustments are the key I feel.
    I learned the hard way but still learning !
    It's doable.
    2 pounds is so good. So happy for ya
  • tipiwi
    tipiwi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's day one for me! The tough part is that I have no close by friend to go to the gym with me, but tons of them for fun dinners and drinks... I need to feel pushed and committed and I hope getting to know people here will help ;)
  • Auube
    Options
    Tipiwi: I had the same problem.
    What u can do is do some cardio, warm up, and add stregth training to it.
    All you need is a pair of dumbells to start with.
    Pushups, squats, tricep dips, curls, burpees, stomach crunches, leg raises, plank and hold. All these and many more are great exercises with no equipment needed.
    And, I kind of do these too. So, we can motivate and stick to routine.
  • Quichee
    Quichee Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Personal victory: I DID have a couple of glasses of white wine last night and I did NOT use it as an excuse to nibble on smoked nuts, olives, chips, or any of the other things that sound soooo good when I have a glass of wine. I think this is one of the key things I need to readjust.
    Auube wrote: »
    you just need to readjust few things here and there and soon you will find your fix.

Down almost two pounds this morning and feeling fine!
    Great advice, Auube. Keep the faith, you guys. I think it really is just about finding the subtle adjustments necessary to change your life. :)

I would love to join this group. I have a bit more than 10 to lose but the conversations here seem right up my alley. I'm in my late 40s and everything I eat shows! I have an especially hard time because I kinda like my wine a lot too. Lol.
  • Auube
    Options
    Ughhhh... just having one of those days where I want to go on a eating rant !
    Just had a fried chicken burger ! No fries tho!
    Feeling helpless, and want more desserts now!
    Can't get my mind off of cake for now,
  • amberlicious13
    amberlicious13 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    10 is my goal too!!! I just gained 2 after a couple weeks of birthdays and celebrations, I'm trying not to fall down that slippery slope.

Need to get my butt in gear and di it but finding it hard :neutral:

I really like forums like this!
  • Quichee
    Quichee Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hey all. How are we doing this morning. If yesterday was a good day then do it again and if it was bad just shake it off and start fresh today.

We've got this!
  • lagoscarrie
    Options
    Greetings all!
    I do like this board because I feel a little whiny talking about ten pounds on boards where folks are (bless their hearts!) trying to lose more than 100! It's nice to meet a few people who are tackling something a little less daunting and get some support. My day went well: I dropped another pound. But tonight I have company and all that goes with that... Wish me luck! I'm off for a morning run so I at least get that in. (I'm an evening runner so this feels like a sacrifice!)

I hope you all have a wonderful day. Don't forget to appreciate how marvelous you are today!
  • Auube
    Options
    Great contribution people.
    Keep it going.
    I was wondering how often should one take a cheat day ?