Any recipes for Potato soup???

Options
Does anyone have any good reciepes or ideas for cheesy potato soup???Thanks!

Replies

• jenna0211
    jenna0211 Posts: 3
    Options
    I have one:

4 potatoes
    1.5 cups of chicken broth
    1 cup milk
    1 tbsp butter
    1 tbsp flour
    1/8 tsp of salt (or as much as suits your taste)
    pepper, to taste
    Cheese, to taste (at least a couple good handfuls of low-fat shredded cheddar)

1. Cut up potatoes in small bite-sized pieces and boil until tender. Take 1/4 of the total amount and set aside. Take the remaining potatoes and 3/4 chicken broth and liquify in a blender. Set aside.

2. In a medium saucepan, melt butter. Add flour, salt and pepper and mix. Add milk and cook until it is thickened and bubbly. Keep stirring with a whisk during the process.

3. Add the potato pieces, cheese, remaining broth and potato mixture to the pan. Cook until heated through.

Pretty Good, I have to say! Might be better with some low-fat bacon and some chives...
  • hollykmckinney
    Options
    I have made this one and really liked it. My kids ate it up too!!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/02/baked-potato-soup.html#more
  • RachelVerthein
    Options
    thanks a bunch!!
  • kathylynn8
    kathylynn8 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Cook potatoes and onions in low fat/sodium chicken broth. Once cooked, take the onions and some of the potatoes out (leave some potatoes in if you like it chunky) and blend the onions and potatoes and some low-fat cheddar cheese until creamy. Add this mixture back to the soup along with cooked broccoli or cauliflower. Makes a good and creamy soup with no added fat of butter or cream!
  • BrandyH20
    BrandyH20 Posts: 63
    Options
    Bump
  • sinnet78
    sinnet78 Posts: 5
    Options
    I love potato soup! Thank you for these recipes! Saving for later.
  • MollyNan
    MollyNan Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    saving these!
  • BrandyH20
    BrandyH20 Posts: 63
    Options
    Bump