21 Day Fix (Beach Body)

Options
Puti98
Puti98 Posts: 40 Member
Hello everyone! I recently ordered the 21 Day Fix Extreme set because I'd like to drop about 20 lbs and tone up.

I'm wondering if I made an error by not starting with the Essential set.
I was wondering if anyone has done either of these and willing to give me feedback.

I've done regular p90 and turbo jam by this company and loved it so I'm looking forward to checking this out. I've recently Jillian Michael's 30 day shred and intermittently have done six weeks to a six pack.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    in my opinion, you bought expensive food containers, and workouts that can be found online for free.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    the error you made was paying for a beach body program.

you can do the same on MFP for free.
  • sonyaf1988
    sonyaf1988 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like the 21 day fix. If you use it correctly it will work. I thought it was fairly easy to follow. I like that it helps you eat more healthy foods. I only lost 3 lbs the 1st round but lost 9". I am running a lot so I had to go back to mfp on the nutrition part because 21 day fix doesn't give you enough food to run 5-8 miles a day plus do their workouts. Found that that's why I wasn't losing pounds. My body was holding onto everything because I wasn't giving it enough. I'm still doing the workouts. They will change the shape of your body but you still need to stay away from junk food as much as possible.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    sonyaf1988 wrote: »
    I like the 21 day fix. If you use it correctly it will work. I thought it was fairly easy to follow. I like that it helps you eat more healthy foods. I only lost 3 lbs the 1st round but lost 9". I am running a lot so I had to go back to mfp on the nutrition part because 21 day fix doesn't give you enough food to run 5-8 miles a day plus do their workouts. Found that that's why I wasn't losing pounds. My body was holding onto everything because I wasn't giving it enough.

If you failed to lose weight, it's simply because you were eating more than you were burning. Ditch the insipid plastic boxes, and replace them with a food scale. That's the only way you'll be *certain* of how many calories you're consuming each day. :)
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    You bought overpriced Tupperware containers and a workout that you could've found for Free .
    Beachbody is a mlm company. Over priced , low quality junk.
    To lose weight , eat at a deficit. Use a food scale and weigh everything you consume ,log it here on mfp. Beach body isn't needed
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    sonyaf1988 wrote: »
    I like the 21 day fix. If you use it correctly it will work. I thought it was fairly easy to follow. I like that it helps you eat more healthy foods. I only lost 3 lbs the 1st round but lost 9". I am running a lot so I had to go back to mfp on the nutrition part because 21 day fix doesn't give you enough food to run 5-8 miles a day plus do their workouts. Found that that's why I wasn't losing pounds. My body was holding onto everything because I wasn't giving it enough. I'm still doing the workouts. They will change the shape of your body but you still need to stay away from junk food as much as possible.

This isn't entirely true.....your body doesn't "hold on to" weight just because you're not eating enough.

Either way, OP, you spent money on a program that you can do for free here. Learn what you can from it about portion control but remember that on day 22 you will still have to control your portions and continue to eat a deficit if you want to continue seeing progress.
  • jcraig10
    jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    OP, there are a lot of nay sayers here on this product. I am one who needs structure and a plan to follow, so the 21DF has been working for me. I've counted my calories for so long and after awhile I end up falling off of the wagon. Just know that it doesn't end after 21 days...you have to keep going. I am only on my 2nd week of my 1st round but I am loving it so far. I am eating better and working out more than I have in the past. There are so many people who have found results with this product. And no, I am not a coach, and have never done any other BB workout plan before.
  • tbbhealthanista
    tbbhealthanista Posts: 25 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    jcraig10 wrote: »
    OP, there are a lot of nay sayers here on this product. I am one who needs structure and a plan to follow, so the 21DF has been working for me. I've counted my calories for so long and after awhile I end up falling off of the wagon. Just know that it doesn't end after 21 days...you have to keep going. I am only on my 2nd week of my 1st round but I am loving it so far. I am eating better and working out more than I have in the past. There are so many people who have found results with this product. And no, I am not a coach, and have never done any other BB workout plan before.

I have to agree with jcraig10. I will say 1) Yes I am a coach, but 2) As someone who struggled with food addiction and portion control, it wasn't just as simple as putting the fork down. I needed to know the healthiest options for me and how many servings I had per day. The workouts were great and I lost 12lbs in my first round. Everyone is put together a little differently. Some people need the structure in addition to MFP. It worked for me, I have a lot of people were able to turn around their health with it; some people like it, some don't.

The Essentials kit gives you more starch options/treat options, and the workouts aren't as intense as the Extreme.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    21 Day Fix is essentially a copy of Weight Watcher's exchanges program (also ripped of by Richard Simmons Deal a Meal). Weight Watchers now does "points" a convoluted system that makes it harder to copy.

Weight Watchers has worked for many people.....so it could work for you too. You could have used measuring cups, but if colorful plastic containers do it for you....go for it.
  • acontos13
    acontos13 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    jcraig10 wrote: »

I'm in agreement and yes, I am a coach. But more importantly the program has worked for many and there is value to being part of a group and team doing the same program. It's not for everyone and of course I get that. Sure you could look at BB as a MLM company but that doesn't mean their programs do not work. No one slams Avon, Scentsy, pampered chef and well... You get the idea. To answer the original post. You will do fine with the Extreme program. If you need any info or help just message your coach if you have one or any one of us "crazy" coaches on here :)
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    These companies thrive on your short term success and longer term failure. They want and expect to see you come back again and again. If you can learn how to enjoy healthy food that's great but there are other ways. They make take a little more time in hte beginning but commitment to changing the way you eat will see you through.

If you need help with structure, work out your own structure. Or talk to others here for advice. The long term weight management that works best is one you work out yourself based on sound principles.
  • Btbeam
    Btbeam Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I think its a great program. If it works for you than you should do it. A lot of people have a lot to say about Beachbody programs. I have lost 185 lbs using Beachbody programs. I believe in the company and the products. So I do get a bit upset when people knock the company. But I can say the products and the challenge group that I am a part of has saved my life.
  • jjburger77
    jjburger77 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing my 2nd round of the normal 21 Day Fix, but I'm not doing the exercises as I have classes at work that are a better alternative for me. My first round, I lost 7 pounds and 4 inches (I only measured 3 body parts). I like that I have a wide arrange of options of stuff to eat every day while not feeling deprived. I think it's also something that I will be able to do long term as at this point, I'm aware of what a portion size looks like vs. what I would like it to look like.

Does it work for everyone? Nope, because none of us are carbon copies of each other. Like people said, I need the structure of something like counting containers. I do keep track here to make sure I'm not starving myself. Whether it's 21 Day Fix, Paleo, Weight Watchers, weighing your food, etc...the best program for you is the one that works for you.

Best of luck with what you have! :smile:
  • courtneymarie02323
    courtneymarie02323 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If you don't like beach body products don't buy but please please stop bashing for those that love them
  • klsmotivation86
    klsmotivation86 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I agree with Courtney....if you do not like the products do not buy them and stop bashing those who have! After all we are all here to support each other in wanting to get healthy and fit, if someone chooses to buy these products to help them get started support them don't sit here putting them down. I have used the programs and have had amazing success, its for some and not for others!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    For those who don't know, "Coach" means this person is involved in a pyramid scheme and trying to sell you something!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    "Coach" in this context = salesperson

I don't get how anyone can think promoting MLM schemes is even close to being ethical even if you wrap it up in pretty language. I know everyone needs money to live but ...

OP..if (big if) you can get your money back I would and I'd use the millions of free resources to achieve your objective, or sink your money into a great personal trainer or a fabulous new wardrobe

If you can't then see how you to...use the tupperwares on a scale so you work out weights and portion sizes and chalk it up to experience
  • jcraig10
    jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Patttience wrote: »

If you need help with structure, work out your own structure. Or talk to others here for advice. The long term weight management that works best is one you work out yourself based on sound principles.

I've lost 45 pounds on my own. And have kept it off for 3 years. I then became too comfortable at that weight and stopped counting calories and stopped working out as much. I needed something to get me back on track, and this is what I chose. Don't try and make me feel stupid for how I plan to tone up and lose a few pounds and/or inches.

• 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I won't belittle someone or make them feel like they wasted money, but I would urge anyone who uses it to make sure that they're getting enough calories, as well as macro and micro nutrients. It's truly all about the CICO, and whatever method gets you there (responsibly), go for it! The success stories on the site all look like folks who embraced CICO, worked out to raise the burn, and ate at a 1k per day calorie deficit. It can be done, and even responsibly, but is a challenge as many here can attest.

Just remember that like any diet program, you need to be ready to answer the "what now?" question once you're done. I don't see how that program answers it, unless you're supposed to eat foods in the same quantities once you're maintaining. MFP's approach teaches you that as you go through the program so that you really shouldn't have to even think about it: You match your burn to your food.