how often....

Options
Do you weigh yourself?

Replies

• daintycake
    daintycake Posts: 23
    Options
    Every day. I've been told I shouldn't but i like to see where I'm at and I find it helps keep me accountable. I've only been entering my weight on here once a week though.
  • MMiles96
    MMiles96 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I do a weigh in every 5 to 7 days. That gives my body to metabolize the foods for the week and exercise I have done.
  • Countrymade
    Countrymade Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I know they say you shouldn't weigh everyday but I do because it keeps me on track. Although I only count my true weight once a week. I weigh myself at the same time and day.
  • haeden
    haeden Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I do once a week.every friday
  • nomorefatbitch
    Options
    Multiple times a day :(
  • Angelamu7
    Angelamu7 Posts: 58
    Options
    Every Tuesday and now Sunday as well....going to phase to once a week (Sunday) since that is the WI day for a challage I joinned. I don't like what the scale says so I don't look at it nonstop.
  • eelozano
    eelozano Posts: 8
    Options
    Every morning, before breakfast, after using the bathroom.
  • theseus82
    theseus82 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Once a week. Never more often, sometimes less.

If I know I've had a terrible week, very rarely I'll skip a weigh-in to give myself a reprieve from the scale and one more week to get back on track and not get discouraged from a short-term gain.

I highly recommend doing this every once in a while if it keeps you from getting discouraged.
  • brndygrl98
    brndygrl98 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Multiple times a day...but I only "weigh in" once a week in the morning first thing after potty.
  • RDH0513
    RDH0513 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    NEVER!!! I quit weighing- I measure once a week though just to keep myself in check. The scale never read what I wanted it to and often got myself down over it, So it is hidden and won't be coming out unless I see a massive change in my measurements that might mean I should adjust my routine. My scale was not my friend at all haha
  • Aileen46
    Aileen46 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Multiple times a day :(

Same here. First thing in the morning, then again mid afternoon. Once in a while I'll weigh again in the evening.

I have a water retention problem, so I like to check to see how my body is processing the water. I sometimes have to take water pills on bad days.
  • KatyRing
    KatyRing Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    sunday mornings. once a week. never ever more. And if i knew I had a bad week I don't weigh in. I try to look for NSV instead.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Once a month when I go to the doctor. I review my diary and make my adjustments there.
  • Starkle09
    Starkle09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    everyday...in the morning and in the evening. i know i probably shouldnt but it helps to keep me focused.
  • sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, to see when and why my weight fluctuates, but I record losses as well as gains. For an accurate weight you should probably weigh in once a week.
  • CarolTempleton
    CarolTempleton Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Wed and Sat. It helps keep me motivated and helps me to see where I am at and think about what I need to do or not do. Hope that helps
  • biznurse
    biznurse Posts: 81
    Options
    I KNOW better... but I was addicted to daily weights and then got SOOO frustrated with water fluctuations... so now it's ONCE a WEEK!!!! NO MORE!! Linda/RN
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    every single morning...but i only log in my weight on the site every few months
  • biznurse
    biznurse Posts: 81
    Options
    NEVER!!! I quit weighing- I measure once a week though just to keep myself in check. The scale never read what I wanted it to and often got myself down over it, So it is hidden and won't be coming out unless I see a massive change in my measurements that might mean I should adjust my routine. My scale was not my friend at all haha
    I TOTALLY understand! GOOD FOR YOU!!!! Linda.RN
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Once a week. I could not handle any more. I have "cheated" twice and was just let down.