Tummy weight

Options
hi
My mid-section is my biggest hurdle and my embarrassment point.
I am tired of being asked if I am pregnant.

Can someone offer tips/advice to help with my trouble spot?

Replies

• DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    It will come off when the rest of the weight comes off.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is like trying to dry out a sponge, you can't dry a corner while the rest is still wet. Keep losing weight and you'll lose the belly fat.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    hi

You can't spot reduce. As you lose weight, eventually you will get smaller. Start a weight lifting program, this will help your muscles become stronger and reshape your body as well.
  • GirlfromHamilton2015
    GirlfromHamilton2015 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ok
    Thanks everyone.
  • plaffo786
    plaffo786 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    For me bloating has always made me look heavier, I've found a high fiber low carb when possible helps, also there are some very good Pilates exercises that focus on core strength really helps tighten up that troublesome area
  • sirna731
    sirna731 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I too carry most of my extra weight in my mid section. I have lost 30 lbs so far and it has gotten better.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Also, if/when you clothes shop, try to lean towards clothing that is more flattering does not hug the tummy). Think empire waist, box-style, one size up, lol...
  • litsy3
    litsy3 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Obviously there is no substitute for losing weight, but pilates might help with posture. A lot of women who look a bit pregnant are arching their backs and making their tummies stick out way more than they need to.
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    hi

Like all the others have said, you can't spot reduce. I wish you could. My tummy is where I carry the bulk of my weight as well, and I can't tell you the number of times if I've been asked if i'm pregnant (that's actually listed in my profile as one of the reasons I want to lose weight lol).

I've lost 64 lbs so far, and my tummy is getting smaller. It's not coming off my tummy at the same rate as the rest of my body, but it is coming off.

I'm from ON too BTW.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Losing weight is like trying to dry out a sponge, you can't dry a corner while the rest is still wet. Keep losing weight and you'll lose the belly fat.

Stealing this analogy :smile: