Heart Rate Monitor advice

Options
downa100
downa100 Posts: 184 Member
Hi
I am trying to find a good heart rate monitor to calculate my PiYo workout and daily activity. I have a jawbone up but it won't calculate the piyo cause it only calculates hand movement I guess so if I was pushing my son in the stiller and walking it doesn't calculate!!!

Replies

• BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, the Polar H7 heart rate sensor is excellent. It is very accurate. You need to have an iPhone though.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    downa100 wrote: »
    Hi
    I am trying to find a good heart rate monitor to calculate my PiYo workout and daily activity. I have a jawbone up but it won't calculate the piyo cause it only calculates hand movement I guess so if I was pushing my son in the stiller and walking it doesn't calculate!!!

No HRM will accurately calculate that activity. They are neither designed nor programmed for anything beyond a limited range of steady state cardio activities. They do not work for yoga, pilates, lifting, intervals.

In my opinion, the Polar H7 heart rate sensor is excellent. It is very accurate. You need to have an iPhone though.

You do not need an iPhone. Any BLE capable device will work with that HR strap ... Androids, Polar watches, TomTom GPS watches, etc.
  • downa100
    downa100 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the advice
  • R1rainbows
    R1rainbows Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have been very happy with my polar H7 chest strap, and polar beat is really user friendly. It's nice the H7 didn't cost out the *** either lol. Can probably get one for 40-60$ depending on sales. Good luck and hope you find one you really like too :)