What Are You Most Excited For, When You Reach Your Goal?

Options
I can not wait to have a Summer where I'm not so grossed out by my rolls, that I don't have to wear a hoodie day in and day out. It will be 100 degrees with 65% humidity, and I will still wear a hoodie. I can not wait to have the confidence to look in the mirror without a shirt and be OKAY with it... and I'm sure my guy can't wait, either. I can't wait until I can get back into my favorite jeans, which are 13 years old. I can't wait to have my confidence back.

Replies

• bakerkate221
    bakerkate221 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I can't wait until I can wear shorts. I tried some on over the weekend, and they fit, but oh my gosh, I have elephant legs. I spent a bunch of time outside recently, walking around and playing mini golf, sweltering on the hottest day of the year, because I hate how I look in shorts.
  • Nanogg55
    Nanogg55 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I can't wait until I can wear clothes that are sized in the single digits. That and being able to tuck my shirts in and not feel self conscious about my tummy.
  • Cocoa1020
    Cocoa1020 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I cant wait until i can wear tank tops and feel good about my arms. I had arm rolls for as long as i could remember i hate them and find them disgusting.
  • 902leeann72
    902leeann72 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to shop in a store other than ricki's. I've been a size 18 or XXL for 9 years. I've had a VSG on June 16th. Lost 22 pounds since the surgery and a total of 60 pounds sine July of last year. I feel better, I sleep better ( no more snoring so that makes my husband happy) and I can play in the yard with my son without feeling like I'm going to have a heart attack. Surgery is not for everyone, but I am certainly happy with my decision. I come from a family where wait is an issue and I didn't want to end up having the life my dad lived. He is so proud and happy that I chose to have this surgery. I have 47 pounds to get to my goal.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    My long legs in a pair of high heels, wearing a short wrap dress with a push up bra... I'm most excited to get back to my sexy self, lol!
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I also can't wait until I can not steal everyone's cameras to delete their full body photos that they took of me, hahahaha
  • Kimegatron
    Options
    If I see someone with a camera focused in my general direction, I freak out and run. Well not run, I quickly saunter away.
  • lindaloo1213
    lindaloo1213 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to building a real wardrobe. For the past 100# ive been just piecing things together to get by.
  • DeniseB0711
    DeniseB0711 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    When the Gwenie Bee Ads stop rolling on all of the websites with ad sense.
  • ragtopmama
    ragtopmama Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to not be the biggest person in the room!
  • yeahfatty
    yeahfatty Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I can't wait for the day I don't have to be super anxious that the seatbelt on a plane won't fit me or when I won't feel self-conscious because I'm the fattest person on the plane & someone has the unfortunate luck of sitting next to me.
  • Kimegatron
    Options
    Aw, @yeahfatty , that makes me sad! I wouldn't say that they have the unfortunate luck of sitting next to you, unless you forgot to shower the last few days, lol! I have never thought like that on planes, and I have flown a lot! I think people mostly care if the person smells or is loud. Don't think like that!
  • Dawn410
    Dawn410 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to not be ashamed/embarrassed by my weight. I feel like such a failure for gaining weight and not being able to lose it.
  • yeahfatty
    Options
    @Kimegatron aww I shall try not to but it's hard, especially when you read those "worst experience during a flight" tales & they involve someone being completely appalled by having to sit next to an obese person. However I don't have a flight scheduled till November, so should hopefully not have to worry about the seatbelt issue by then. (:
  • Kimegatron
    Options
    I have felt the same on flights, but I try to make up for it by cracking jokes. I hate the awkward silence. That, and I will get liquid courage from the free boozes they serve on the plane :D
  • yeahfatty
    Options
    Ahah I'll try the liquid courage thing next time, sounds like an excellent idea. :p
  • NikkyT30
    NikkyT30 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I want to wear a two piece bathing suit in public and dress up for Halloween :)
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    The first thing that comes to mind is that I can't wait to feel lighter. For my joints to hurt less. To not feel like a grandma in my 20s. I can't wait to have energy. I can't wait to feel competent at the gym. To feel like I belong there, like I'm not stealing space with my awkwardness and stupidity. To really feel like I've made the most out of having access to a nearby gym. I can't wait to go down a size, to not hate how my pants fit even when they fit.
  • ljk0615
    ljk0615 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to eat at maintenance
  • RunningaftertheTardis
    Options
    Looking forward to building a real wardrobe. For the past 100# ive been just piecing things together to get by.

This! I have a mental list of clothes I am going to get rid of ASAP. I've been making due with the same pair of black slacks for work for months now because I am too afraid to go to the store and find out what bigger size I have expanded into, even though these pants are too tight and super uncomfortable.

To be quite frank, I mostly can't wait for my husband to be able to pick me up and carry me into the bedroom. :D