What motivates you to work out?

Options
What motivates me besides wanting to be healthy is I want to have a child. What about you? What makes you get up and workout? Thanks for sharing!

Replies

• Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Making all kinds of gains. All kinds.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Putting more weight on the bar.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    I want to be strong and I want to be hot
  • ireadlabelsdammit
    ireadlabelsdammit Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    slaite1 wrote: »
    This!
    + the satisfying feeling of accomplishment. Some workouts are fun, but my favorite part is still when its over!

• ireadlabelsdammit
    ireadlabelsdammit Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    slaite1 wrote: »
    This!
    + the satisfying feeling of accomplishment. Some workouts are fun, but my favorite part is still when its over!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Wanting to improve at sports
    Quality of life (not feeling lazy or sickly)
    And lets face it, not having a fat belly.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Aesthetics and power.

• rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I don't want to miss out on all the fun stuff. Confidence is a great motivator.
  • munozelvis2341
    munozelvis2341 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Knowing that today im doing what others wont so tomorrow i can do what others can't! Stold it from somewhere
  • Justthisgirl1994
    Justthisgirl1994 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I started out to be better than others tbh. I'm really competitive haha. Now my results motivate me and really it's just a habit for me.
  • emodavis
    emodavis Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm extremely competitive with myself and like being just a little faster or lifting just a little more. Also, carrying in all of the Costco purchases in one trip.
  • rockyMaknGains
    rockyMaknGains Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I feel it's a great stress reliever and when I'm done I feel accomplished
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,895 Member
    Options
    It just feels good. And there's the accomplishment thing ... if I've spent the day pushing paper around my desk and not feeling like I'm getting anywhere, I can go for a brisk bicycle ride and feel like I have accomplished something that day.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I bundle boring cardio with doing something pleasurable like listening to music or an audio book. It's one of the few times that I can listen to a symphony and do nothing else that would distract me, since the stationary bike or the elliptical trainer are basically mindless activities. I start making excuses to go to the gym, instead of excuses not to go.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Right now, other than for vanity reasons of looking good, my Tough Mudder (half marathon length obstacle course 'race') in September is motivation me to break out of my 5-7km runs and bumps those up to 12-15km long runs (once a week). And it motivates me to keep up with my weight training so I will hopefully be able to accomplish all the obstacles.
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Seeing my progress and the changes I've made so far motivates me to continue.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    Cardio - mood maintenance, stress relief, always feel better after doing it & like crap when I don't
    PT and bodyweight resistance - rehab, function. Makes me feel proactive & is empowering in that way, even though it's not exciting on its own. I use an app that helps me pace everything correctly so I don't rush or drag, & have a good playlist)
    Habit, commitment
    +1 for preferring to look good than not (that was always first :) )
  • WheelingGirls
    WheelingGirls Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Watching videos on YouTube of pros busting their *kitten*!
  • Tintin13
    Tintin13 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I love the feeling after a workout.