I have been on this app for a few months lost 20 pounds and gained a few back over the weekend.

Options
I need motivation

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    You'll have this. So did I, because I ate a lot of salt and food. Water weight. *Gives you motivation*
  • amberdubb
    amberdubb Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    So did you completly cut out salt?
  • arditarose
    Options
    Hell no. I love salt. Water weight is not fat so I try not to let it bother me. I eat a lot of salt, lift heavy weights which retains water, and gain "weight" from the time of ovulation and it doesn't go away until way after my period ends. The best I can do is track the trends and hope it generally moves in a downward fashion.

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    The good news is that getting back on track is easy peasy. Just go back to whatever you were doing before. It took those few pounds off before, it'll do it again.
  • amberdubb
    Options
    Ok I will do it! Thanks :)
  • JanetMMcC
    JanetMMcC Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    If you gained over the weekend because you overate, just get back on the wagon. Log everything honestly and stay on the credit side of the calorie ledger, and you'll get losing again. If you did just that, day-to-day weight fluctuation is a fact of life. Keep doing it, and the trend will be down.

Here's my day-to-day weight from May 23 to today. Each line is 5 lbs.

fupa3zfp4xcb.jpg

Be strong!
  • amberdubb
    Options
    Thank you. Your right I didn't log in for two days because I knew I way overdid it. I'm going to keep at it. It helps to know that happens to other people too
  • arditarose
    Options
    amberdubb wrote: »
    Thank you. Your right I didn't log in for two days because I knew I way overdid it. I'm going to keep at it. It helps to know that happens to other people too

Log those days. It will keep you accountable and you'll have data! I still go back through my diary almost 6 months to a year. It's helped me when in maintenance, or when I'm not feeling well (macros/micros not in line).
  • amberdubb
    Options
    Ok I will start doing it every day