Calorie anxiety

Options
2»

Replies

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Nope, I make sure they know exactly what I want.
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Yes I do if I go out. I just don't know what to do or how to log it. It seems like wherever we go, I can't find nutritional information. I ate an eggplant rollatini from Nino Salvagios, and I couldn't find the nutritional information, so I emailed them. They didn't email me back, so I emailed again a week later... then another week later. They probably think I'm crazy HAAAAAAAAA. I couldn't find the nutrition on a certain pizza from Buddy's Pizza either, and it was driving me crazy. Or when there is a family outting, and someone brings the pasta salad, I have NO idea how to calculate that. At least I try, and that's good enough for me, I guess.
  • buket1819
    buket1819 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Kimegatron wrote: »
    Yes I do if I go out. I just don't know what to do or how to log it. It seems like wherever we go, I can't find nutritional information. I ate an eggplant rollatini from Nino Salvagios, and I couldn't find the nutritional information, so I emailed them. They didn't email me back, so I emailed again a week later... then another week later. They probably think I'm crazy HAAAAAAAAA. I couldn't find the nutrition on a certain pizza from Buddy's Pizza either, and it was driving me crazy. Or when there is a family outting, and someone brings the pasta salad, I have NO idea how to calculate that. At least I try, and that's good enough for me, I guess.

That's exactly me ahahah

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I started out that way. MFP was working so well that I'd lose my s*** over being uncertain about a particular food or meal. 40 lbs in and I'm definitely more relaxed about the whole thing. No single screw-up can set me back that much.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Um, no. I'm just not going to mistrust everyone in the food industry that much. They probably know what they're doing enough to make my food and drink the way I ordered it. If one time, someone didn't, and I got an extra fifty calories, it was an extra fifty calories one time. It didn't make me gain any weight.
  • crys_todd
    crys_todd Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I got irrationally angry once at McDonalds. I was driving a long distance through the middle of nowhere for work and got very thirsty. I stopped at McDonalds and ordered a large Diet Coke. I drive away and took a phone call and distractedly started chugging the thing because I was so thirsty. It wasn't until I had finished the conversation and took another sip that I realized it wasn't diet and I had drank at least 200 calories of soda I didn't even want and therefore couldn't eat the gelato I had been planning for all week without going over.
    I sort of fumed the rest of the way back to my office.

A drop in the bucket long term but in the short term all I could think about was how much I wanted 200 calories of gelato not crappy soda.
  • Mo0npie
    Mo0npie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I get this ALL THE TIME, I hate hate hate not knowing how to log something, and not being quite sure of what they are putting in your food. I usually massively over-compensate if I know Im going to be going out later - by hardly eating anything the whole day - just to be sure that the restaurant food wont do too much damage to my calorie count haha. So now I try to just make everything myself!