in need of some serious motivation

Options
I have had mfp for a while but haven't logged in idk how long. I've always gone up and down with my weight but now im consistantly gaining. The worst is i know what im doing wrong and how i want to fix it. I just need support snd maybe a little *kitten* kicking. Looking for some mfp buds to keep me motivated.

Replies

• mater8955
    mater8955 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you need help with workout idears. I can help. You got this
  • candacemckenna
    candacemckenna Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Ive heard conficting opinions onlight vs heavy weights for women. It'd be awesome if you could clear that up lol. I also tend to get bored w food. I love to eat (clearly ) any suggestions would help.
  • LSPhil413
    LSPhil413 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am new to MFP and I haven't posted anything before. I understand feeling overwhelmed. My weight has steadily gone up over several years. I went from being a mom on the go to sitting at a desk in an office. I want to eat when I'm stressed, sad, happy, celebrating, etc. A few months ago I took a long hard look at myself and felt overwhelmed. Then I realized that I was responsible for allowing myself to get so out of shape and I was the only one who could do anything about it. I had to consciously decide that I will eat healthy and limit what I eat today. I will worry about tomorrow when it gets here. As I began and was successful for one day, then two, etc... it got a little easier. I am able to rejoice in the success of today. If I mess up, I forgive myself and try harder tomorrow. I have lost over 20 pounds and would really like to lose another 45-50. It is going to be a long road and I could use some encouragement along the way as well. My husband has come around and is supporting me and my grown children are also supportive but they aren't going through the same struggles. Don't get so focused on the total amount of weight you need to lose -- set reasonable, achievable short-term goals. A goal doesn't have to be to lose so many pounds in a week, it can be to not drink any sodas, or eat any candy or deserts for a week. I know that you can be successful, you just need to get very honest with yourself and remember there is only one of you and no one can do this for you. Also, no one can keep you from doing it but you. Hang in there -- get tough and determined. I will be happy to travel the road with you if you like. God bless you. LP
  • xoxrobot
    xoxrobot Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Ive heard conficting opinions onlight vs heavy weights for women. It'd be awesome if you could clear that up lol. I also tend to get bored w food. I love to eat (clearly ) any suggestions would help.

Since we're looking to lose weight and not necessarily build more muscle, it's better to do lower weights with high repetitions than high weights with less repetitions in order to tone rather than build! I also get bored and tend to eat, but it's better to drink some water and then see if you're still hungry. If you want to fill time with eating, think about maybe going for a walk instead. It's so much easier to just go over to the cupboard and grab a snack but after beating your cravings and boredom you'll feel accomplished!
  • candacemckenna
    candacemckenna Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. Im looking forward to getting serious about my health and making a life change rather than diet.
  • Raevynne
    Raevynne Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm on my second round on MFP. Hope to do better this time