Military Diet

Options
Has anyone tried the 3 day military diet?

Replies

• egur10
    egur10 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    What is it??
  • kmjones0924
    kmjones0924 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes I have.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    It is truly one of the dumbest diets out there. It has nothing to do with the military, has been floating around the internet for years, has NO magical combination of food, you lose weight because it is very low calorie and I'm pretty sure it was invented as a joke that was more wildly successful than the inventor ever hoped.
  • kmjones0924
    Options
    I have been doing this diet for a bit now and my first 3 days wasn't that bad. The only reason is that I took Ganicina Cambodia for an appetite suppression. The military diet is all about portion control. Morning may be 1 egg and toast with apple lunch 5 salteen crackers slice of cheese half a banana dinner could be any 3 Oz meat with half a cup broccoli and half a cup of carrots and 1 cup vanilla ice cream. I have lost 7 lb and I'm on my second round and I feel great. I even exercise with it. Drink plenty of water. Before and after meals as well as with meals.
  • kmjones0924
    Options
    This diet is really for a crash diet when people need to lose a certain amount of weight before anything medical. Or has to lose weight because on a medical condition. It used to be called the 3 day diet.
  • MsWendyDarling
    MsWendyDarling Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    It is truly one of the dumbest diets out there. It has nothing to do with the military, has been floating around the internet for years, has NO magical combination of food, you lose weight because it is very low calorie and I'm pretty sure it was invented as a joke that was more wildly successful than the inventor ever hoped.

Thank you! I hate seeing this on Pinterest!
  • mcfattest
    mcfattest Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I did it couple of times. It helps you shrink your stomach as it requires specific portions. It's a quick fix but you'll rebound quickly to original weight :(
    I liked that it allowed ice cream :p .
    Consistency on mfp will get you way better results. Good luck :)
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    It is a foolish fad diet that has to lie about an association with the military for a false air of legitimacy.
  • MDanca
    MDanca Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've been through them all, or at least a LOT. I have lost weight, regained weight, over and over. If I have learned anything at all, it's that NOTHING will ever beat healthy, moderate portions, and EXERCISE. Fad diets only come back to bite you...
  • khumphries27
    khumphries27 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have been on this diet for about 3 months together with using MFP and I have lost 20lbs. Whether the diet works or not, it teaches you portion control, to appreciate healthy foods, and to eat only what your body needs. I also like it because it gives me an easy meal plan 3 days a week. I understand why some things work the way they do. Grapefruit has something to do with liver, ice cream gives you calcium, etc. Do your research. Also when purchasing foods, make sure they are good for you, for instance I do not eat regular hot dogs, I eat Turkey dogs. I don't like any type of fresh fish by itself, therefore I buy fish fillets and bake them, I just make sure I keep the calories in line with the Tuna I am supplementing. The only things I don't eat on the diet are broccoli and tuna. I replace broccoli with baby spinach and tuna with fish fillet or chicken. I never ate carrots and do not like carrots (except for carrot cake, hehe)....unless they are roasted! This diet taught me that I LOVE roasted carrots! :) lol. On my off days, I am trying something new with my staying around 1200 calories, I am eating every 3 hours and it worked well last week, so I am going to try it again this week. I hope this helps! There is a lot of negativity about this diet, but there is also a lot of success!
  • brianpperkins
    Options
    I have been on this diet for about 3 months together with using MFP and I have lost 20lbs. Whether the diet works or not, it teaches you portion control, to appreciate healthy foods, and to eat only what your body needs. I also like it because it gives me an easy meal plan 3 days a week. I understand why some things work the way they do. Grapefruit has something to do with liver, ice cream gives you calcium, etc. Do your research. Also when purchasing foods, make sure they are good for you, for instance I do not eat regular hot dogs, I eat Turkey dogs. I don't like any type of fresh fish by itself, therefore I buy fish fillets and bake them, I just make sure I keep the calories in line with the Tuna I am supplementing. The only things I don't eat on the diet are broccoli and tuna. I replace broccoli with baby spinach and tuna with fish fillet or chicken. I never ate carrots and do not like carrots (except for carrot cake, hehe)....unless they are roasted! This diet taught me that I LOVE roasted carrots! :) lol. On my off days, I am trying something new with my staying around 1200 calories, I am eating every 3 hours and it worked well last week, so I am going to try it again this week. I hope this helps! There is a lot of negativity about this diet, but there is also a lot of success!

Nothing in the military diet is a collection of healthy foods. The portions are too small for an adult. Any research using legitimate sources shows what a joke the military diet truly is.

• khumphries27
    Options
    Oh and I also do Sean T's Hip Hop Abs! LOVE IT!
  • khumphries27
    Options

Nothing in the military diet is a collection of healthy foods. The portions are too small for an adult. Any research using legitimate sources shows what a joke the military diet truly is.

Hmmm....It includes, protein, fruits and vegetables, moderate amount of carbs and a little bit of sweets to keep the cravings at bay...eggs, grapefruit, chicken, porkchops, turkey, tuna, fish, broccoli, carrots, bananas, apples....no need to go any further.

• brianpperkins
    Options

Hmmm....It includes, protein, fruits and vegetables, moderate amount of carbs and a little bit of sweets to keep the cravings at bay...eggs, grapefruit, chicken, porkchops, turkey, tuna, fish, broccoli, carrots, bananas, apples....no need to go any further.

It includes far too few calories to provide for an adult's minimum nutrition. The food combinations are laughable. It lies about an association with the military (or GM if you use that version of the same flawed, fad diet). It is a diet that depends upon the same demographic that PT Barnum targeted.

"Hmmm" all you'd like, it won't change the facts about the "military diet". Facts, logic, and science disagree with you.
  • kmjones0924
    Options
    If you think this one is low in everything you should see the 5 bite diet. The size a a snickers bar. In total ten bites a day basically two snickers bars. People have been doing that also. When people get there stomach stapled they can only eat 3 to 5 bites a day depending on the person.

You should be able to eat when u are satisfied not until ur exploding. It stretches ur stomach out the more u do. So diet like these helps with portion control and how to eat right again 3 days isn't that bad. It's all on how u control ur eating. Depends on also how determined you are to lose weight. I'm on my sixth day. And I'm content with what I eat. 3 meals a day small but now filling.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    sure have...back when I was in the military...

ARMY-FOOD.jpg

like 4-5K calories per day...it was pretty awesome...
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    This diet is really for a crash diet when people need to lose a certain amount of weight before anything medical. Or has to lose weight because on a medical condition. It used to be called the 3 day diet.

Diet looks familiar but I also don't remember it being referenced to the military either. I tried years ago with a girlfriend. I remember it worked for us for obvious reasons, the low calories and knowing we could do anything for three days. Lol. Knowing what I know now I would never attempt something like that again.

• dulcecyndi2015
    dulcecyndi2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I list 8 lbs last week doing the 3 day diet. Then for the next 4 days I tried to eat mostly healthy. Now I'm back on. I know it might not be so healthy but I figure it will help me to curb my appetite & I won't eat so much on my off days
  • brianpperkins
    Options
    I list 8 lbs last week doing the 3 day diet. Then for the next 4 days I tried to eat mostly healthy. Now I'm back on. I know it might not be so healthy but I figure it will help me to curb my appetite & I won't eat so much on my off days

Congratulations on showing why the yo-yo inducing fad diet industry exists.