Options
And why so often or not so often?

Add me!!

Go....

Replies

• pzyxian
    pzyxian Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    every morning if i followed my routines right.
  • IanRS
    IanRS Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I measure every morning - enter it into a spreadsheet and calculate the 7 day rolling average. That way I get a reasonably smoothed result and am not so bothered by daily fluctuations
  • lilmissmanx
    lilmissmanx Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    every day in the morning before I shower. Just because the scales are there and it lets the shower warm up before I jump in
  • icck
    icck Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Weekly, but I'm looking to transition to daily and monitor the average.
    I measure every other week.
  • Wildstorms
    Wildstorms Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Every morning. I prefer it to weekly. I downloaded 'happy scale' and log it in that so it smooths out the downward trend
  • Allipalli66
    Allipalli66 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Every morning and before I go to bed -it helps me to control my diet .some say I'm obsessed but it really keeps it in check
  • cyronius
    cyronius Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Every morning... As long as the trend is in the right direction, I don't care about daily fluctuations...
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Every day. It is one of the keys to long term maintenance for me.
  • Plump_Artist
    Plump_Artist Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Once a week on a Thursday as it aids me in getting my mindset right for the weekend. I don't do it daily because for me, it's an unhealthy obsessive habit.
  • Bacchants
    Bacchants Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Weekly for me, at least till I've made some good progress, then I'll swap to daily and use https://trendweight.com/ so that I can see the overall trend and ignore the fluctuations!
  • yoda8501
    yoda8501 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Every morning because I have hit a plateau and I'm trying hard to break through. I have been stuck at the same weight for a while.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    She asked me if I do this everyday. I said often.
  • fullylugged
    fullylugged Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Every Saturday morning. Unless I think I gained that week ;)
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Twice a week, on monday morning and friday morning. Monday is my ''official'' weigh in day because of a challenge I'm doing on here :)
  • Wildstorms
    Wildstorms Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    In fact, the first time i put on a significant amount of weight was when I listened to the advice to 'ditch the scales'. It turns out that I can put on a significant amount of weight before my clothes start to get tight (at least a stone - it goes on my face, lower arms and legs, chest and rib cage - areas that are less constrained by clothes - I lose it here first as well, so I have to lose a lot before I start to feel I've lost something).
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I check every day or two.
  • prettyleelee
    prettyleelee Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Daily and I store it in myweighttracker it helps me see what my average is and the ups and downs.
  • SAR1L
    SAR1L Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I weigh in weekly, sometimes midweek. However I want to focus on the healthy habits as my acquired goal, not the habit of jumping on the scale every day.
  • PinkDeerBoy
    PinkDeerBoy Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh at least Monday and Friday.
  • kristinels
    kristinels Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday, but only record my Sunday weigh-ins on my Fitbit app. I do daily checks because to me it's more demoralizing to think 'Yeah! I'm *killing* it!' all week - staying in my deficit, working out like a fiend - and then get on the scale at the end of the week to find I've gained. Whereas, if I see the daily fluctuation, I know that it's okay even if my 'official' weigh-in is up a bit because I was down earlier in the week, and I'll likely go right back down if I keep plugging away. I don't get too excited over gains of a pound or less unless it happens more than once in a row and stays on for more than a week... If that happened, I'd know I needed to adjust something.