extreme makeover- weight loss edition

Options
anyone watching this show? what is your opinion of it? I want someone to give me a trip for losing weight! of course i would be motivated and losing it like crazy if I had a personal trainer.

Replies

• maritimemom
    maritimemom Posts: 192
    Options
    Yeah, I'm watching it right now too. I'm liking it so far but yeah I'd like a trip too please! lol
  • ericalynn21
    Options
    i just watched it for the first time tonight.
  • apetranovich
    apetranovich Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm watching it right now too. The trainer is hot! I would be at the gym all the time if there was a free trip in it for me too! Felt really bad when she only lost 3 lbs in 3 months:(
  • tigertown11
    tigertown11 Posts: 310
    Options
    look at her now!! inspiration galore!
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    It was great!

...and took away my urge to eat late tonight! lol
  • MMAsac
    MMAsac Posts: 191
    Options
    Just watched it as well, its good...but I'd like to see more exercising, Not near as good as BL
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    She did great! But, again, the trainer lived with her for 3 months, and he gave her a custom home gym. Not that realistic, in my opinion. Better than many of the other shows, but hard to relate to real life for most folks. Not many people can work out 4 hours a day like she did.

And I know the Biggest Loser is wildly popular, but that gimmick with the weight flashing all kinds of different numbers while it "settles" is really annoying to me. Just show the damn weight already.
  • hbrekkaas
    hbrekkaas Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I missed it already once tonight ( I was out exercising!) but its on again at 10...I am going ot watch a bit of it if I can stay awake that long :) I love shows like that, but its never realistic for the rest of us.
  • HVersluys
    HVersluys Posts: 8
    Options
    I just got done watching it. I just want to be skinny like she was in the end.
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I just want someone to pay for the surgery to remove the loose skin when I get down to 230 lbs...
  • joeysrib
    joeysrib Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Kind of reminded me of Jillian's show from last summer. BTW: I have a friend that is doing the tractor tire workout from Jillian's show. She says its tough.
  • thumper67
    thumper67 Posts: 105
    Options
    I caught a couple of minutes of it last night but my husband was trying to get me to focus on getting to be cause it was so late. I wish those shows were on earlier in the evening. I wonder how you get picked for a show like that???
  • mickie_on_my_way
    mickie_on_my_way Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I was little under-impressed. "Here's your goal. Here's the reward. Oh, you didn't meet your goal? Here's the reward anyway!"

And following the whole year in an hour, they had to leave out a lot of the details that interest me. Was she in contact with the trainer when he was not with her? Those 3 months she only lost 3 pounds, what were her days like?

I don't know....I'm going to give it another chance, but I didn't come away from it inspired like I had hoped to be.
  • kell_riley
    kell_riley Posts: 312
    Options
    I wonder if it's in the uk yet I'd like to see it!

I guess you would have to apply through the website if you wanted to be on the show, that seems to be how most of these shows work!