Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How often do you weigh yourself?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    In maintenance, every day or two. In a deficit-once per week or not even. I don't lose weight in a linear fashion anymore so there is no point in hopping on the scale more than that. I trust I'm in a deficit and try to be patient.
  • pat0254
    pat0254 Posts: 23 Member
    I weigh once a week, only because daily gains and loses can be frustrating, due to water weight, etc. Once a week seems to show my real progress.
  • jotti101
    jotti101 Posts: 41 Member
    I weigh myself on Saturday Mornings, that way if I am going out for dinner on Saturday night it balances out during the week.
  • GeddesFit
    GeddesFit Posts: 75 Member
    I weigh myself weekly on Saturdays or Sunday's first thing in the morning and naked. If I weighed myself daily I would obsess over it and it wouldn't make me a very good person. I've got 38 pounds to go and am losing approx 1-2 pounds a week so I'm happy with that.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    I weigh myself almost every day, but I only log when I see a loss. I'm starting to work on maintaining my weight, and find it easier to differentiate water weight from fat gain if I weigh myself every day. If I stay at that higher weight range for more than a few weeks and have ruled out girly hormones (curse you, very late Aunt Flo. I just gained 9-ish pounds in two weeks with absolutely no change in diet), then I know that I need to start cutting back to prevent the weight gain from getting too out-of-hand.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Typically once a week on Saturday mornings. Over the past couple of weeks I've been weighing daily. Not sure if I'll continue doing that. We'll see.
  • welshchick666
    welshchick666 Posts: 56 Member
    Just once a week for me is enough
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    I weigh myself daily (naked, of course), right after waking up and using the restroom. I use an app (Libra) that shows the trend weight, in addition to the daily weights. My weight fluctuates by up to 2 lbs daily (depending on tummy activity, hydration, TOM, sodium, etc.), but generally hovers around the same midpoint, which I consider my true weight. Daily tracking helps me not get too excited or discouraged by daily fluctuations. I think if I weighed myself weekly I'd go nuts when it was up 2 lbs in a week that I had stayed on track, just because that happened to be an "up" day!
  • hotelsix
    hotelsix Posts: 44 Member
    Every morning and I do my measurements once a week.
  • Teamhynes
    Teamhynes Posts: 31 Member
    Every Monday unless I'm away on vacation and hit a two week span. The daily variances don't matter to me right now so I may change my weekly habit when I lose more weight, but not right now.
  • meddaugh48
    meddaugh48 Posts: 41 Member
    Every morning. It helped me understand the normal fluctuations and holds me accountable.
  • Stacey765
    Stacey765 Posts: 86 Member
    oh I dunno.... before I use the restroom, after I use the restroom, before I eat, after I eat, before I work out, after I work out, when I am bored... lol! I only record once a week... but find it fascinating what little things trigger a "big" jump in weight, not because I feel I really lost anything in the couple of hours since my last weigh in.
  • theawill519
    theawill519 Posts: 242 Member
    Everyday. I like to be able to draw correlations between my weight fluctuations and my daily routine.
  • hrtchoco
    hrtchoco Posts: 156 Member
    edited July 2015
    I usually weight myself once in the morning. My weight fluctuations don't bother me at all.
  • PerpetualGlitch
    PerpetualGlitch Posts: 13 Member
    Every morning. Don't pay attention to fluctuations anymore but they did used to drive me insane. As long as the weight keeps dropping, meh, it'll do me.
  • Jasmunr
    Jasmunr Posts: 147 Member
    Every morning.

I track the fluctuations. I couldn't weigh in weekly. What if it happened to be an up day?
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Sunday morning. I also pull out the tape measure and take a full set of measurements at that time and record everything in a spreadsheet.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    edited July 2015
    every 23 days, like clockwork. I'm not gonna make myself crazy sweating a stock ticker.
  • jessathemessa
    jessathemessa Posts: 65 Member
    I weigh each morning. And I have a Fitbit Aria scale so it automatically logs to MFP for me. I also check on a cheap digital scale at night sometimes just to see what the fluctuation is looking like. I've been trying to weigh myself a little less to try to get down to once a week, but it makes me nervous not knowing daily.
  • moesis
    moesis Posts: 874 Member
    Every morning