How often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    In maintenance, every day or two. In a deficit-once per week or not even. I don't lose weight in a linear fashion anymore so there is no point in hopping on the scale more than that. I trust I'm in a deficit and try to be patient.
  • pat0254
    pat0254 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week, only because daily gains and loses can be frustrating, due to water weight, etc. Once a week seems to show my real progress.
  • jotti101
    jotti101 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself on Saturday Mornings, that way if I am going out for dinner on Saturday night it balances out during the week.
  • GeddesFit
    GeddesFit Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself weekly on Saturdays or Sunday's first thing in the morning and naked. If I weighed myself daily I would obsess over it and it wouldn't make me a very good person. I've got 38 pounds to go and am losing approx 1-2 pounds a week so I'm happy with that.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself almost every day, but I only log when I see a loss. I'm starting to work on maintaining my weight, and find it easier to differentiate water weight from fat gain if I weigh myself every day. If I stay at that higher weight range for more than a few weeks and have ruled out girly hormones (curse you, very late Aunt Flo. I just gained 9-ish pounds in two weeks with absolutely no change in diet), then I know that I need to start cutting back to prevent the weight gain from getting too out-of-hand.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Typically once a week on Saturday mornings. Over the past couple of weeks I've been weighing daily. Not sure if I'll continue doing that. We'll see.
  • welshchick666
    welshchick666 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Just once a week for me is enough
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily (naked, of course), right after waking up and using the restroom. I use an app (Libra) that shows the trend weight, in addition to the daily weights. My weight fluctuates by up to 2 lbs daily (depending on tummy activity, hydration, TOM, sodium, etc.), but generally hovers around the same midpoint, which I consider my true weight. Daily tracking helps me not get too excited or discouraged by daily fluctuations. I think if I weighed myself weekly I'd go nuts when it was up 2 lbs in a week that I had stayed on track, just because that happened to be an "up" day!
  • hotelsix
    hotelsix Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Every morning and I do my measurements once a week.
  • Teamhynes
    Teamhynes Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Every Monday unless I'm away on vacation and hit a two week span. The daily variances don't matter to me right now so I may change my weekly habit when I lose more weight, but not right now.
  • meddaugh48
    meddaugh48 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Every morning. It helped me understand the normal fluctuations and holds me accountable.
  • Stacey765
    Stacey765 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    oh I dunno.... before I use the restroom, after I use the restroom, before I eat, after I eat, before I work out, after I work out, when I am bored... lol! I only record once a week... but find it fascinating what little things trigger a "big" jump in weight, not because I feel I really lost anything in the couple of hours since my last weigh in.
  • theawill519
    theawill519 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Everyday. I like to be able to draw correlations between my weight fluctuations and my daily routine.
  • hrtchoco
    hrtchoco Posts: 156 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I usually weight myself once in the morning. My weight fluctuations don't bother me at all.
  • PerpetualGlitch
    PerpetualGlitch Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Every morning. Don't pay attention to fluctuations anymore but they did used to drive me insane. As long as the weight keeps dropping, meh, it'll do me.
  • Jasmunr
    Jasmunr Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Every morning.

I track the fluctuations. I couldn't weigh in weekly. What if it happened to be an up day?
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    Sunday morning. I also pull out the tape measure and take a full set of measurements at that time and record everything in a spreadsheet.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    every 23 days, like clockwork. I'm not gonna make myself crazy sweating a stock ticker.
  • jessathemessa
    jessathemessa Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I weigh each morning. And I have a Fitbit Aria scale so it automatically logs to MFP for me. I also check on a cheap digital scale at night sometimes just to see what the fluctuation is looking like. I've been trying to weigh myself a little less to try to get down to once a week, but it makes me nervous not knowing daily.
  • moesis
    moesis Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Every morning