Working Mom looking for support to lose baby weight and then some

Options
I had my 2nd child 7 weeks ago and have since returned to work. I also have a 22 month old at home. I work full time and am breastfeeding (as well as pumping). So I am struggling to find the time to work out and to eat healthy.

I am looking to fill my friends list with mom's currently doing the same thing as well as been there done that moms that can give support, motivation and tips. I have about 50 lbs to lose to be in a healthy weight and I would like to be as close to that as possible by my 31st birthday in Jan.

Replies

• TheHealthyStippel
    TheHealthyStippel Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a working momma with 4 kids... It's definitely a struggle to make time for yourself! I go back to work in 2 weeks, so this week I've been setting my alarm to get up before the kids get up so I can workout. I need to lose about 55 lbs.

When my kids were younger, working out when they went to bed worked for me, but now they are in sports and its next to impossible to squeeze it in. Good luck! We can do it!
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    I'm a been there and done that. I have a 6&7 year old and work full time and help my husband with his business. Finding time for me was a commodity and finally after 5 years (with multiple starts and stops in between) I figured it out! Weigh (not measure) everything. Log everything. Lift heavy. HIIT cardio 1 hour a week (total). After all that I finally got to my goal weight, but it took time. I know you want to lose 50 lbs in 6 months which is maybe doable, but don't get discouraged if it doesn't. As long as you are losing inches and going down in clothes size is what matters. Stick to your goals and you will lose. Feel free to add for support!
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm a single mom to 3 ages 5, almost 4 and 2. I work a full-time professional job where I'm sitting a lot.
    While breastfeeding you need quick to grab snacks to nourish your body - fresh fruit, carrots, celery, individual bags of nut/fruit mixes, smart pop, string cheese, yogurt, etc.. When kids are napping or entertained clean those veggies and have them bagged so when you need them they are easy to grab. I always have protein bars on hand just in case it's hard for me to eat a meal. Be sure to always have a water bottle on you and drink lots of water!! Those are my tips right off the top of my head. Feel free to friend me. :)
  • Faith4eva31
    Faith4eva31 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am definitely in the same boat. My little one is almost 11 months and I stopped nursing her around 9.5 months...I didn't start losing weight until I weaned completely. Long story on why I had to stop. Will add you as a friend.
  • Strive2BMe
    Strive2BMe Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of 2. Had my second last year and cannot lose the last 10 to save my life!!!!! Anyway, you aren't alone. I'll friend you so we can motivate one another to say on track.
  • MrsC411
    MrsC411 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have 4 week old and 3 year old daughters. I go back to work just after Labor Day. I have 35 lbs to go until I get back to my pre pregnancy weight and I want to focus on not just losing the weight but getting in shape.
  • amar34
    amar34 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It can be done! My 3rd child is now 2. After the last baby I lost 35lbs using MFP. Usually I had about 15-20lbs to lose so this was the most baby weight and it seemed daunting but I was motivated to lose it. I completely cleaned out my daily eating habits - portion control, as healthy as possible, while still having one cheat day a week. I didn't deprive myself, if I wanted a cookie- I had one (or two)! Along with this I did 30min excercise DVDs or 20-30min treadmill. Some weeks I didn't lose any weight which was discouraging but keep in mind it's the overall weight loss and don't let yourself get down if measurements/scale don't move- just keep going! I fit back into my jeans at the 7month mark and I haven't been motivated enough to get myself back on track until now. It's hard to find time, energy and motivation to get back on track so I now turn to MFP to restart the journey but this time for overall health and fitness not necessarily only for weight loss (I do need to lose 10lbs more). Finding the time to take care of me will make me a happier more energetic mom!
  • eshnna
    eshnna Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Working mama here too to a 1 and 3 year old. I try to walk around at work to get my steps. I am constantly logging 12k steps. I have the apple watch that reminds me to get up every hour. So when the reminder comes I do a quick walk around the office and log some steps. I love JessicaSmithTV and use a lot of her videos to walk indoors when my girls are sleeping.
    Honestly I waited until I dropped the nursing to just twice a day. I hated pumping! Maybe I could have started earlier but pumping and nursing does take a lot of time depending on how fast the pump or suction is. Can you walk in place while you pump? I think this can easily give you a good 3/4 of a mile or around 1500 steps. Check out JessicaSmithTV website and channel on youtube.
  • BearSmile
    BearSmile Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Working mom of a 6 month old. It's a struggle to find time to exercise and stay motivated to eat right.
  • missdani6
    missdani6 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have a 2 year old and a 2 month old and I also need some motivation to get rid of this baby weight! Every time I see a picture of myself I want to cry! I have 10lbs to lose to get to pre-baby weight but I'd really like to lose 15-17lbs.

I'm new to this app so I really hope it will help! Add me!
  • racs11
    racs11 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Me too, working on looing the baby weight . Let me friend u. Others feel free to add me . My news feed filled with workout stats makes me want to get movinh
  • courts0228
    courts0228 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a first time mom to 18 month old twin girls, I gained so much weight after they were born that I didn't recognise myself! I'm down to just under my previous pregnancy weight but I want to lose 20-30 lbs. Feel free to add me!