Breakfest Ideas

Options
I am always looking for new breakfest ideas! I work early in the morning so I do not have time to cook. I am looking for grab and go ideas. I usually eat yogurt but I need something new. Any ideas ? Thank you !

Replies

• maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    overnight oatmeal, cottage cheese with fruit or salsa, scrambled eggs in a wrap, PB sandwich, crustless quiche / egg casserole ..they reheat nicely, leftovers from dinner, smoothie, protein bar
  • oxveronica
    oxveronica Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the tips! I do like cottage cheese !
  • Here4Ponies
    Here4Ponies Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I did a peanut butter bacon sandwich with an apple the other day... quite tasty.
  • babybear821
    babybear821 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That is a new one .. how many calories was in the pb bacon sandwhich
  • DataSeven
    DataSeven Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    This morning I had a fat free yogurt, a packet of instant oatmeal, and a hard boiled egg. Pretty easy to throw in the lunch bag the night before.
  • Here4Ponies
    Options
    That is a new one .. how many calories was in the pb bacon sandwhich

LOL. Not as much as you might think. 80 for the bread (Nature's Own Lite Honey Wheat, 40cals/slice), 70 for the bacon (Farmland Center Cut, 3 pieces). The kicker is the pb - 200cals for 32g (2Tbsps) of Smucker's Natural Creamy. So, 350cals and 20g protein for the sandwich.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    I mash up 3 hard boiled eggs, seasoning, hot peppers, and a TBS of coconut oil. Hold me quite a while.
    I mix it up the night before an nuke it for a minute when I get to the office.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I have a couple go-to's.
    1) Apple with almond butter or peanut butter
    2) Better Oats Blueberry muffin oatmeal with a tablespoon of almond butter. I'm sure any brand will work - that's just the one that tickles my fancy.
    3) Greek yogurt with ab or pb and a quarter cup of granola all mixed together
    4) Whole wheat toast, ab or pb, sliced banana, and cinnamon
  • jmac4263
    jmac4263 Posts: 245 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I just answered my own question... but how was the bacon, peanutbutter and apple on a sandwich?!?!
  • christmas435
    christmas435 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Im not a breakfast person. never have the appetite but i try to remember when im at work. At my desk i keep a box of instant oatmeal and the "lean" berry version of the bare naked granola.... hits the spot, cheap as dirt and keep me going till around lunch.
  • roxilegend
    roxilegend Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Overnight oatmeal is great... I make mine with milk, a little vanilla extract, and whatever fruit I have on hand. Make it at night and it's ready to go in the morning!
  • oxveronica
    oxveronica Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    fishgutzy wrote: »
    I mash up 3 hard boiled eggs, seasoning, hot peppers, and a TBS of coconut oil. Hold me quite a while.
    I mix it up the night before an nuke it for a minute when I get to the office.

Coconut oil & eggs... Interesting ! I am gonna give it a try.
  • Here4Ponies
    Options
    jmac4263 wrote: »
    I just answered my own question... but how was the bacon, peanutbutter and apple on a sandwich?!?!

Apple was separate... although it would be pretty good on the sandwich if it was sliced thin. Too bulky to eat in the car but tasty. :)