Help with starting

Options
The hardest part doing a diet is starting it, I want to loose about 60 pounds Or so but I find it the hardest to start a routine and to be able to keep it as well. Any advice?

Replies

• yoriel91
    yoriel91 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have you ever looked into intermittent fasting?
  • pagealex2013
    pagealex2013 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I share the same problem getting started and once started keeping it going. I am looking to loose some baby weight - at least 10lbsand want to do it in a healthy manner that will provide lasting results. Good luck on your journey!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Here are some great newbie threads:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1235566/so-youre-new-here/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/819055/setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets/p1

My best advice - don't do anything to lose weight that you are unwilling to do to maintain your new weight. This means lifestyle changes. Eat less - move more. It's really that simple. Measuring portions and logging them is eye opening. You can tweak things here & there. You don't need drastic changes, just very long term ones.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Keeping at it (for me) is about cutting myself some slack (here and there). I don't have to make perfect choices to lose weight, I will slip up, I'm human. BUT I continue on....I don't say "I'll start over next week" because often next week is the next one after that.

Just improve your choices and try to be consistent with those choices. Progress....not perfection.
  • brandi712
    brandi712 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    First, don't think of it as dieting, think of it as a healthy living lifestyle change. Second, make small changes as a start. Instead of sitting through commercials while watching TV, get up and jog through them. Also, replace a couple unhealthy food choices for good ones during the week. Small steps can get you very far.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Start small, don't try to make drastic changes all at once.

Log your food, see what you're eating now. From there you can see ways to trim that down and get into the routine of logging.

Don't try to be perfect, just consistent.

Find an activity you enjoy doing.

Stick with it, have a bad day it happens, tomorrow is a new day to try and do better.
  • TuffChixRule
    TuffChixRule Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Start small, don't try to make drastic changes all at once.

Log your food, see what you're eating now. From there you can see ways to trim that down and get into the routine of logging.

Don't try to be perfect, just consistent.

Find an activity you enjoy doing.

Stick with it, have a bad day it happens, tomorrow is a new day to try and do better.

^^This. It's a new way of thinking, not just about food but about your well being. You have made the first step towards a new, healthier you. Congratulations! We are all here to support one another.