frozen banana icecream =)

Options
Kaileyxoxo
Kaileyxoxo Posts: 95 Member
okk soo i just tried this today and LOVED it, and im sure many of you have tried or heard of this, but for those who havent, well try it now!

Ingredients: frozen banana, half packet of splenda (or your preferred sweetener), 1 tablespoon of milk (add a bit more it its not blending well)
Then throw in a food processor, i think you could easily use a blender though and there ya go! It tastes and looks exactly like soft serve icecream.

My family loved this too, and told me to freeze more bananas lol, one more thing i usually hate everything banana flavored especially banana icecream soo was a bit surprised that i like it so much, hopefully you do to =)

Replies

• guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I love this too! Except I just use REALLY ripe bananas, so I don't need to add any sweeteners. (I have also been guilty of giving this to my daughter for breakfast.)
  • smcclaycouffer
    smcclaycouffer Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    bump, thank you
  • carolrayes
    carolrayes Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Great thanks for this - I just got up and put some bananas in the freezer :)
  • amberlineilene
    Options
    yummm
  • FATGIRLFANTASY
    FATGIRLFANTASY Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    That sounds really good i'm gonna try that with some blueberries added in!
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Great use of those bananas about to go bad... thanks!
  • george_ie_girl
    george_ie_girl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I made this but it was just like frozen mashed banana... Lol... I like mashed banana though so it's okay.
  • Amykimber
    Amykimber Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I do this - but I don't add anything to the banana - maybe some cinnamon - and it's amazing

Pics and explanation here (yes, pimpin' my blog!) - http://www.amykate.co.uk/?p=164 - share your pics!

(hmm, how do you add a link?)
  • Juanruiz
    Juanruiz Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm gona have to try this... thanks!
  • Heather3186
    Options
    I slice a banana in a bowl and put it in the freezer for a bit, then chop (or break apart) a square of Ghirardelli dark chocolate (I use 86% cacao) into chunks, then add the chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon of JIF all natural peanut butter to the bowl of frozen banana slices, and mash up with your spoon! Looks and tastes like icecream to me!
  • softballerchik1
    softballerchik1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I make this in the food processor also...

It comes out exactly like soft serve ice cream...

I throw in

2 frozen bananas
    1 Tablespoon of Peanut butter
    1 tsp. of vanilla

it's two servings and comes out to around 141 calories per serving...

PS. Also, I want to add, that I have found this to be the best eating shortly after making or just refreezing it for maybe an hour...When it get's completely frozen it isn't as good, IMO.
  • deborahmorris
    deborahmorris Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Bump!
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    YUM! Thank you for sharing!
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Yummy Wat a great snack
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I made this. It was such a treat. I just used 1 frozen banana, & 1 peanut butter to go. Yum
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I made this last week. It was really delicious.
  • bllecroy
    bllecroy Posts: 31
    Options
    bump
  • sweetpotatofry
    sweetpotatofry Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    YES!! :love: Thank you for posting this, I tried this a couple times last summer but totally forgot about it until now -- absolutely delicious!!
  • fitnessyeoja
    fitnessyeoja Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    bump