Corsets?

Options
MommaChrissi
MommaChrissi Posts: 10 Member
Have any of you tried a workout corset? I love the one on girly curves but need to find something cheaper as I'm having to get a new car after mine was totalled. Here's a link to the one I like but can't afford.
http://www.girlycurves.com/collections/home-page/products/lovely-curves-workout-band

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    The claims of the site are ridiculous, but this does explain the new fashion around my gym...
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    WHY?
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Why would you want to restrict movement while you're trying to move? Not to mention the fact that this is going to mess up your form, leading to potential injuries.

The only thing this product will do is make you sweat more, giving you a little extra water weight loss for a period of time (until you drink again, or eat something with salt). These products can be potentially dangerous - and are a total waste of money.

If you want to look thinner while working out (which is weird), then I suppose they'll work. If you think they're going to help you lose more weight, you're misinformed.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    From the website:
    You wrap the band around your midsection. This action creates compression in your core, stimulating thermal activity and ramping up perspiration. This process allows toxins and impurities to exit the skin, while mobilizing fat cells. Put simply, the band helps ensure that your workout is working for you. Get 150% out of your normal workout!

This girdle helps you get the figure you always wanted by instantly lifting, shaping and slimming the body and flattening your stomach, waist and hips. To lose weight and reduce waist measurements, it is recommended to wear the girdle between 8 to 10 hours a day. The Slimming Thermal Brief is the only clinically proven girdle that helps reduce waist measurements from 1 to 4 inches within 30 days.

Bolded the most ridiculous parts.

9vzYQwj.jpg

Why do people insist on these ridiculous, nonsensical schemes? Why can't working out, accurately weighing/measuring and logging your food just be enough?

*stomps off and mutters about kids these days*

• madhatter2013
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    pb9attem5nap.gif

Ah hahaha, I'm crying :D
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    pb9attem5nap.gif

Ah hahaha, I'm crying :D

I'm so in love with that drawing, I get a big ol' happy whenever another corset thread comes up.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Why on earth would you want to weaken your core muscles instead of strengthening them? A corset does much of the support of the core for you so your muscles don't have to work as hard which can lead to injuries when you don't wear it.
  • Naener
    Naener Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    "mobilizing fat cells" LOL wth.... fat cells go mobile.. lol like they travel or wiggle. im dying
  • ManiacalLaugh
    Options
    Naener wrote: »
    "mobilizing fat cells" LOL wth.... fat cells go mobile.. lol like they travel or wiggle. im dying

Only on Dr. Who... and they're freaking adorable when they do.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options

I'd like my fat cells to mobilize and grab me a beer.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

21672a2.jpg
  • Radory
    Radory Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Although I love and adore my corsets, they are for costuming purposes, not exercise purposes and I would never consider wearing one for such. That's crazy talk.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    They don't work.
  • madhatter2013
    Options
    I have not tried a corset. I believe it would clash with my socks. Plus they look like they mess up your internal organs and such. There is that.

See, now I'm curious...
  • ManiacalLaugh
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

21672a2.jpg

D'awwww I wish I could turn my excess belly into a loveable pet!

Radory wrote: »
    Although I love and adore my corsets, they are for costuming purposes, not exercise purposes and I would never consider wearing one for such. That's crazy talk.

That's me too. Corsets for occasional fun things like cosplay - sure! I'm going to be wearing one for about 8 hours come this October (it's an all day event). I'm expecting to have back issues the next day and I'll be pretreating with Ibuprofen.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    no, do not use for exercise

I do wear them for fun
  • Radory
    Radory Posts: 35 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

21672a2.jpg

D'awwww I wish I could turn my excess belly into a loveable pet!

Radory wrote: »

That's me too. Corsets for occasional fun things like cosplay - sure! I'm going to be wearing one for about 8 hours come this October (it's an all day event). I'm expecting to have back issues the next day and I'll be pretreating with Ibuprofen.

I don't end up having any back issues. I have more back issues when I walk all day at a con without one on. I have several all-day events coming up that I'll be wearing them for too! Love to cosplay!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    How would something that tight be comfortable to workout in?