21 Day Fix….Worth the $$$ or no?

Options
Hi everyone! I have a friend that's urging me to try the 21 day fix and it LOOKS legit but I'm just wondering if i can get the same results without paying $160 for the package? Anyone try it that thinks it's well worth the money? Thanks!

Replies

• shoeloveramber
    shoeloveramber Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    A friend got the package and while she enjoyed the workouts they were not worth the money and the food container thing is a joke. You can do that on your own with some cheap Tupperware.
  • melaniesbrown1
    Options
    Ok, I was thinking the same thing but wanted to make sure. I mean, it sounds like a great program since you can join a team and hold each other accountable. But I don't think you should have to pay that much money. I've been just eating tons of fruits and veggies and staying away from fatty stuff and that's been helping a lot. Guess i'll just stick to what I know and be patient to reach my goal.
  • star5002
    star5002 Posts: 3
    Options
    It is not just about having any old container. It is a program that is based upon your body weight and how many of each container you eat each day. Honestly I never would eat enough when losing weight. I am on Day 2 and this program is amazing. The package with shakeology is $160. The basic program is $60. I am not using shakelogy. I take the containers every place I go. I work 13 hours a day between 2 jobs and too busy cook, but on a budget. This is perfect for me in all of those areas.
  • Rach202007
    Rach202007 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This program is totally worth the money. its not just about little containers. the containers are specially sized so you get the right amount for your size. Any old tupperware container is not the right size nor does it tell you how much to put in it. I have done two rounds of it so far using shakeology and the groups and the first round i lost 10 lbs and 11 inches. the second round i lost 3 lbs and 10 inches. A total of 13 lbs and 21 inches lost! the program does work. Before using it i figured just lay off fatty foods and eat more vegetables and fruit. When i started the program i seen even without the fatty foods i was eating way to much fruit and not enough vegetables or protein.
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a $20 food scale would be a lot more useful.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a $20 food scale would be a lot more useful.

This. Accurately tracking food/caloric consumption is best done by weight, not volume.
  • shelbyfit72
    shelbyfit72 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    i have lost 8 pounds in 21 days doing 21 day fix-i like containner and workout-i only did 1 round=before this i did lose 115 pounds but my weight started to go up and down-i love the fact i am eating clean=it is totally worth the money i have not tried shakelogy-so i will say it is worth it-
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    No. Buy your own food scale, learn how to measure and fit food into your calorie goal for the day.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    star5002 wrote: »
    It is not just about having any old container. It is a program that is based upon your body weight and how many of each container you eat each day. Honestly I never would eat enough when losing weight. I am on Day 2 and this program is amazing. The package with shakeology is $160. The basic program is $60. I am not using shakelogy. I take the containers every place I go. I work 13 hours a day between 2 jobs and too busy cook, but on a budget. This is perfect for me in all of those areas.
    The reason 21 Day Fix works for many people is because of the portion control provided by the colored containers.

You can get better portion control by using a food scale and measuring all solid foods to the gram and all liquids with measuring cups/spoons.

If 21 Day Fix fits your lifestyle and you can afford it, that's great. I think it's a good starting point. However, you really should try using a food scale because it gives you more accuracy.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    star5002 wrote: »

MFP is also based upon your body weight....nothing magical there.

OP - these are basically a rip-off of the older Weight Watchers exchanges. The veggie & fruit containers are 1 cup. The meat (protein) container is 3/4 cup, starches 1/2 cup, and so on.

Some one posted a picture of their "wonderful" low calorie lunch here. 1 tub of green veggies, 1 tub of chicken breast (sprinkled with seasoning) and 1 tub of plain sweet potato. Eating 1 tub of this food item and 1 tub of that food item is going to get boring really fast.

MFP allows you to post everything you eat. You can create recipes too. You just look up the stats....protein, fat, and carbs. Just stay pretty much in those guidelines and you're good.
  • jim9097
    jim9097 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    My wife bought the package. I don't really care for the meal plan; I suppose it could work for some. But what I will say is the workouts are legit. I train a large group and I am not ashamed to admit that I stole a few of her moves. I do like how she incorporates timing into the workout. As a beginner the 30 second rest will help most but I feel it is to much and often cut it to 15 seconds.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    OP, It's not worth it.

Results people experience from the 21-Day-Fix are minimal to average. As another poster mentioned of the loss of 3-pounds, that's great.... but it averages to be 1 pound a week. SUPER do-able by utilizing MFP.

Honestly, you can experience the very same successes by doing a bit of research on basic nutrition, setting appropriate macro and micro-nutrient goals, and looking into workout plans that YOU will be interested in.

The beauty of things these days is that you can find very similar plans by doing a couple of quick google searches. There are copy-cat plans that also give guidance as to what type of tupperware containers including what size you should use for the potions.

OR, weigh your food, measure your liquids, and log it up!

I also don't find the 21-Day-Fix very practical. I have this amazing grilled chicken, quinoa, veggie and cranberry salad....what containers would I use when that dish alone LITERALLY USES EVERY DAMN CONTAINER.

Plus sometimes I'm lazy when it comes to washing my dishes. Really all this program would promise me is that I'm increasing the amount of dishes I have to do.
  • ginger_nut
    ginger_nut Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I did 1 round and lost 13 pounds. IMO, anything that works for you, is worth it. But as previous posters have said, if you know what your calorie goal is, just use a scale and weigh your food. 21DF makes it easier because it takes the guesswork out of it, you just fill a container. No counting needed, and if you follow the food listed in the program, you will be at or under your calorie goal.